Lead Applications Engineer
McCord Executive Search has partnered with their client seeking qualified Applications Engineer who is a leader who is highly qualified, driven, and a problem solver to lead their Application engineering team. This will be a highly visible position within the company and will offer the right candidate the opportunity to design high-performance utility structures with state of the art materials, lead a team of engineers, and help grow a company!
As Sr. Applications Engineer you will be responsible for assisting customers in designing distribution and transmission utility structures products and structures, designing new products based on customer requirements, preparing technical proposals for customer bids, and leading the customer engineering team. The Sr. Applications Engineer position is a customer facing position, and requires excellent communication skills, and a customer centric mindset.
The successful candidate will be a problem solver, an innovator, and a leader, and will have a demonstrated record of action, drive, and passion. The successful candidate will have distribution line design experience, especially experience designing distribution structures (transmission structure experience is a plus). This is an excellent opportunity to be a leader, drive innovation, and make an impact in a winning company and engineering team!
CANDIDATES MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIRED SKILLS FOR CONSIDERATION:
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited four yearengineering program (Mechanical, civil, structural). Advanced degrees are desired.
* Licensed Professional Engineer (PE); Minnesota preferred or ability to obtain in 2years
* 5+ years' experience designing distribution lines and structures.
* Experience with 3D CAD software; SolidWorks preferred.
* Proficient in distribution line design software such as PLS CADD/Pole, SPIDACalc, and/or O-Calc, a plus.
* Experience in front of customers; Experience with presenting proposals, work, etc.
* Proven record of leading projects (project management) and on-time delivery of projects.
* Previous supervisory experience highly desired.
Our client offers an excellent compensation plus the opportunity to work in a growth-oriented company, the opportunity to work not only utility industry but also product development and R&D. If you are early in your career and looking for more or perhaps in a dead-end role and bring years of experience this is a company to consider. Full job description will be shared once we have established your qualifications are a good match for our client. Relocation assistance for out of state candidates and we prefer candidates within the Midwest.