Lead Auditor - Subcontract - Aerospace Quality Management Systems - AS 9100 / 9110 / 9120 8/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY COMPANY & BUSINESS AREA DESCRIPTION
Lead Auditor - Subcontract - Aerospace Quality Management Systems - AS 9100 / 9110 / 9120
Nationwide, USA; based remotely out of any home office
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 16,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
As a world-leading certification body, we work with companies to assure the performance of their organisations, products, people, facilities and supply chains through certification, verification, assessment and training. As part of the larger DNV GL Group, our 2,000
Business Assurance employees worldwide help our customers build sustainable business performance and create stakeholder trust. We promise to be focused on your future.
With more than 70,000 certificates issued worldwide, our name evokes a strong commitment to safety, quality, and concern for the environment. For years, we have been the preferred certification partner for many Fortune 500 companies, as well as for medium and smaller businesses.
With our extensive local presence, consolidated global experience across industries and acknowledged technical competence, we are an ideal partner for companies in all sectors. We partner with our customers to help them create value while meeting the world s economic, social and environmental needs.
Through our certification, verification, assessment and training services, we assure the performance of our customers organisations, products, people, facilities, and supply chains. Working with companies in most industries, and some of the world s leading brands, in practice, we are virtually everywhere.
LOCAL UNIT & POSITION DESCRIPTION
DNV GL Business Assurance is seeking a Lead Aerospace Quality Management Systems Auditor to join our team on a subcontractor basis. This position may be based remotely, from any home office. Hours are flexible and variable as desired, with a maximum load of 70%.
Tasks May Include
* Perform 3rd party AS9100/9110/9120 audits for North American customers
* Provide timely and accurate reviews of customer corrective action and closure
* Provide customers with timely, complete and accurate reports of their current level of conformity/implementation of their management system
* Maintain schedule of audit activity with customers
* Maintain appropriate auditor credentials and pursues advancement of those credentials and other related credentials as needed
* Contribute to the growth and development of a world-class, industry-leading auditing team
* Aviation, Space, or Defense industry experience or education required
* Must be listed in OASIS, and hold a current AEA certificate (RABQSA / Exemplar Global / The APM Group Limited) under AS9100/9110/9120
* Expertise with Microsoft Excel; Word; and PowerPoint
* Demonstrably strong presentation skills and expertise
* Willingness and ability to travel to customer sites and perform audits as required, up to 100% of the time
* A strong attention to detail, coupled with an uncompromising dedication to ethical, professional behavior
* Capable of working effectively both in team environments as well as individually
* Strong written and verbal English communication skills
* We conduct pre-employment drug and background screening
Opportunities Beyond Business
Our mission is to safeguard life, property and the environment. By joining us, you will work towards our meaningful vision: to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. This is a subcontractor role; no additional benefits are provided.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
DNV GL is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/H/V