Lead Auditor - Subcontractor Food and Beverage BRC
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/30/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONCOMPANY & BUSINESS AREA DESCRIPTION
Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, DNV GL enables organisations to advance the safety and sustainability of their business. We provide classification and technical assurance along with software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries. We also provide certification services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining leading technical and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, DNV GL empowers our customers decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
Originated in 1864, DNV GL operates globally in more than 100 countries with our 15,000 professionals dedicated to helping our customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
As a world-leading certification body, we work with companies to assure the performance of their organisations, products, people, facilities and supply chains through certification, verification, assessment and training. As part of the larger DNV GL Group, our 2,000 Business Assurance employees worldwide help our customers build sustainable business performance and create stakeholder trust. We promise to be focused on your future.
With more than 70,000 certificates issued worldwide, our name evokes a strong commitment to safety, quality, and concern for the environment. For years, we have been the preferred certification partner for many Fortune 500 companies, as well as for medium and smaller businesses.
With our extensive local presence, consolidated global experience across industries and acknowledged technical competence, we are an ideal partner for companies in all sectors. We partner with our customers to help them create value while meeting the world s economic, social and environmental needs.
Through our certification, verification, assessment and training services, we assure the performance of our customers organisations, products, people, facilities, and supply chains. Working with companies in most industries, and some of the world s leading brands, in practice, we are virtually everywhere.
LOCAL UNIT & POSITION DESCRIPTION
DNV GL Business Assurance North America s Food and Beverage Division is seeking a Subcontract Lead Auditor, Food and Beverage BRC. DNV GL's Business Assurance Noth America's Food and Beverage division is partners with clients to assure quality and safety throughout the supply chain through certification, verification, training and assessment activities. As independent third party auditors we assist clients of all sizes in achieving and maintaining internationally recognized certifications enabling our clients to provide the highest quality products.
Our auditors perform 3rd party quality and/or safety audits/assessments on behalf of customers and their suppliers. The BRC auditor focuses primarily on clients requiring the BRC certification but also conducts other Global Food Safety Institute audits according to their individual qualifications. Food and Beverage auditors work with clients large and small at locations around the country to improve and ensure quality and safety at all points along the value chain.
Tasks May Include
* Performs British Retail Consortium (BRC) Food Safety and other 3rd party Global Food Safety Institute (GFSI) benchmarked certification audits for US and Canada customers
* Performs 3rd party quality and/or safety audits/assessments on behalf of customers and their suppliers
* Maintain schedule of audit activity with customers
* Provide timely and accurate reviews of customer corrective action and closure
* Maintain appropriate audit credentials and pursues advancement of those credentials and other related credentials as needed
What We\'re Asking
* Must possess a Bachelor's Degree in Life Sciences or a related field
* Must have a minimum of 5 years of experience performing 3rd party onsite BRC certification audits for North American customers
* Ability to read/interpret audit protocols and work instructions
* Ability to write thorough audit reports
* Working proficiency in MS Office
* Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing to audiences of varying size, seniority and technical competency
* Willing and able to travel to client sites up to 100% of the time
* Demonstrated excellent customer service skills
* Possess a valid driver s license and be able to rent and drive a car and travel on public conveyances when required
* Able to work independently and in teams
* Analytical, empathetic and able to communicate effectively, respond calmly and make decisions
* We conduct pre-employment background check and drug screen
* Subcontractors will be contracted on a project basis with expected utilization to be limited to less than 70% of the time.
Opportunities Beyond Business
At DNV GL, we offer opportunities beyond business. In addition to competitive conditions, the right candidate will enjoy the possibility to make a global impact for a safe and sustainable future. Our working culture is based on respect for one another and sharing competencies to achieve our goals.
Please visit our website at www.dnvgl.com
DNV GL is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/H/V