Lead Building Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Us:
Fluidics Inc., is a wholly-owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc. EMCOR is the world s leading provider of mechanical and electrical construction and facilities services, including planning, consulting, and operations and maintenance. Since Fluidics was founded in 1968, a lot has changed in the mechanical contracting industry, including our company. We have acquired the most technologically and physically advanced resources available to meet the growing needs of our customers.
Job Title: -- Lead Building Engineer
Job Summary: --
Responsible to Project Manager and the Customer s Representative. Receives and responds to service calls, takes immediate action to resolve emergency situations or system breakdowns; performs and oversees mechanics, routine & preventative maintenance work. Shift work may be required. Available by cell phone when off-duty.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: --
* Responsible for operation and maintenance requirements of the assigned Mechanics, insuring services are accomplished in an effective and efficient manner.
* Perform preventive and corrective maintenance per contract specifications
* Operate those elements of the system, for which Fluidics is responsible, in accordance with prescribed procedures and performance limitations.
* Receive and respond to service requests from the Customer s Representative; to advise the Project Manager of all such actions taken and of any unresolved problems.
* Respond immediately to emergency situations, initiate emergency operations procedures and to advise the Project Manager, and the Customer s Representative / Security when resolution of an emergency exceeds the capability of shift personnel.
* Implement those elements of the operations, routine & preventive maintenance and support services programs, which are assigned to the shift.
* Issue directions and instructions to assigned shift personnel as required. Evaluate personnel performance capabilities and training on a regular basis.
* Ensure required operating logs and maintenance forms are completed accurately and clearly and that these are submitted to the Customer on a timely basis.
* Control, maintain accountability, and oversee the issuance and use of spare parts and tools.
* Trains and directs assigned mechanics on facility SOP s
* Perform any additional duties on an as required basis where such duties are within the scope of contractual obligations.
* Overtime and shift work maybe required.
* Safely and skillfully use all types of related hand and power tools
* A graduate of a technical or trade school with training in mechanical or related systems. Must possess a current license as a stationary engineer or boiler operator as required by local and state requirements for the assigned facility, and Journeymen s Refrigeration Certification.
* Minimum of five ( 5) years field experience in commercial Mechanical Systems operation, repair and maintenance; experience with Boiler, Chiller and Control System similar to that at the Customer s facility is desirable. Familiarity with plumbing, electric & fire protection systems.
* Minimum of three ( 3) years experience in managing and supervising maintenance personnel.
* Ability to communicate effectively with the Customer s Representative.
* Ability to write effectively in the preparation of reports and forms.
* Ability to read and apply blueprints, specifications, Building Operations Services manuals, and BAS control drawings.
* Strong background in troubleshooting, operation, replacement, repair and maintenance of large, complex mechanical systems and controls.
* Should possess a state and US EPA approved universal refrigeration certificate, to work on air conditioning and refrigeration equipment.
* Valid driver s license as required to drive any vehicles which maybe assigned.
* Ability to safely wear a respirator, climb ladders, enter confined spaces, lift heavy objects and perform other physically demanding tasks.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled