Lead, Business Systems - IoT 8/30/2016
Stanley Black & Decker
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Job Description
About the Company
Since 1843, we ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world s most valuable things.
We are the leader in tools and security. We are Stanley Tools. We are DEWALT. We are Mac Tools. We are Porter-Cable. And we are much more. We are the doors that protect you at airports. We are the lock and deadbolt on your front door. We are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake survivors. We are the people on the phone in an emergency.
No matter where you live, what car you drive, what stores you shop at, or what building you work in, you can bet that we had a hand in making it work. And you can guarantee that we ll keep making it work.
Provides cost effective business systems and applications analysis in support of the development and implementation of business applications. Includes evaluation, analysis, documentation of requirements, translation into proper system requirement specifications and configuration. Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both end-user needs and a thorough understanding of business systems, applications and industry requirements. Operates as a liaison between technical personnel and the appropriate end-user department. Evaluates and translates end user needs and problems to technical associates and/or vendors where appropriate. Understands the business implications of technical solutions, and assists in defining and documenting the technology solutions to support any future business needs. Teaches end users new technology and enhancements using all appropriate communication tools as well as providing support for existing system.
This position will create the detailed system based business requirements for connected product in a particular Business unit. This position is point for all IT platform integration between the Digital Accelerator team and Product Development Engineering.
The role will:
* Provide thought leadership for the integration of products both digital and traditional to the back-office platforms.
* Worke closely with the DMZ architect and Digital BA
* Work diligently to leverage standard integration methods
* Provide for the creation of those methods where necessary.
* Conducts business process analyses, needs assessments, and preliminary cost/benefits analyses in an effort to align information technology solutions with business initiatives.
* Works with business users to define and analyze problems and align the most suitable technical, application or configuration solutions.
* Solicits, develops, documents and manages requirements and provides detailed design and business rules to support the requirements throughout the project life cycle up to and through change control.
* Considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
* Reviews system test plans and system tests modules before implementation.
* Creates, reviews and delivers end-user documentation (user guide, process flow charts, training materials) and training for accuracy.
* Works with the user to select or create appropriate scenarios to test all results to determine whether system changes met project specifications; uses scenarios to assist the end user in acceptance testing.
* In upgrades, monitors production performance enhancements and system integrity with end-users.
* Develops detailed implementation and upgrade project plans in conjunction with other account team associates.
* Ensures that documentation is updated when change requests are approved for the project.
* Provides input on processes, procedures, or new approaches.
* Global relationship mgmt with effective communications and interactions with business partners
* Manage creation of requirements & documentation necessary to delivering data and software based on designed protocol
* Coordinate with Shared Services in the rollouts & support for major applications.
* Ensure security and regulatory compliance for products and services
Required Skills & Experience
* Expanding knowledge of related disciplinary areas.
* Broad knowledge within own specialty discipline.
* Deep specialized knowledge in specific aspects of discipline.
* Enhances own knowledge through understanding business trends and objectives.
* Understands and foresees implications of decisions.
* Knowledge of industry and business principles.
* Understands the core business process and purpose of the functional area.
* Places issues in context of organizational and functional objectives.
* In-depth customer knowledge to provide appropriate solutions.
* Develops and applies project management techniques.
* Applies research, gathering, analytical and interpretation skills to problems of diverse scope.
* Applies analytical skills to evaluate and interpret complex situations/ problems using multiple sources of information.
* Qualitative information
* Quantitative research
* Trend data
* Presents problem analysis and recommended solutions in a creative and logical manner.
* Forecasts, models, and utilizes advanced analytical tools.
* Creates new procedures and processes to drive desired results.
* Handles diverse range of issues that require evaluation of a variety of factors including current business trends.
* Develops skills to analyze ambiguous problems.
* Identifies opportunities for process and procedure enhancements to drive efficiency and customer service levels.
* Works with minimal direction.
* Work is guided by operational and project objectives.
* Manages multiple assignments and processes.
* Independently determines approach to project.
* Anticipates and prevents potential problems.
* Independently develops solutions that are thorough, practical, and consistent with functional or customer objectives.
* Responsible for specific programs, customers and/or projects.
* Provide technical guidance or influence the work of others.
* Updates management on project/activity status.
* Contributes to area by ensuring quality of tasks/services provided by self and others.
* Extends capabilities by working closely with senior staff/experts within and outside the internal organization.
* Provides process and policy advice.
* Explains assumptions and methodologies.
* Articulates pros and cons of an action in a clear manner.
* Simplifies difficult concepts for non-technical users.
* Regularly interacts with colleagues or customers generally up to senior level management.
* Effective negotiation and influencing skills
* 8-10 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
* 3+ years experience as in IT or Engineering.
* 3+ years experience in product management, IOT, API development
* 2+ years experience using major IT platforms, such as SAP, Salesforce.com, Sitecore etc.
* Strong knowledge of Product IOT integration and Big Data analytic
* Solid knowledge of system development methodology, project management, and system architecture
* Undergraduate degree in and 8-10 years relevant experience, or
* Graduate degree and 6-8 years relevant experience
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law.
EEO Statement All qualified applicants that apply for Stanley Black & Decker will receive