Lead Chemist - Analytical Testing (GCMS)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/19/2016
END DATE 11/5/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONEMD Millipore plays an integral part in the life science community, harnessing our passion and innovation to help researchers and drug producers around the world. As science advances, we advance with it, offering new insight and cutting-edge technologies helping our customers solve the world's most challenging human health issues. Our promise to our customers is that we'll be there every step of the way. EMD Millipore is a division of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany. Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany is a global pharmaceutical and chemical company with a history that began in 1668, and a future shaped by around 40,000 employees in 64 countries.
Seeking an Extractables Chemist III with a primary focus on independently conducting extractables and leachables GCMS methods development and validation in the Provantage Lab Services Laboratory. A secondary focus will be on conducting GCMS testing in support of customer validation projects. Proficiency with Chemstation and Mass Hunter instrument software is preferred.
Essential Job Functions:
* Must be able to follow written Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and protocols.
* Design and execute methods development, transfer, optimization, and validation.
* Design and conduct experiments related to non-routine customer requests and/or to determine feasibility of conducting a leachables study in customer product or placebo.
* Conduct Extractables and Leachables testing on customer projects as scheduled using instruments and equipment such as GCMS, LCMS, Analytical Balance, Pipettor, Centrifuge, SPE Manifold, and pH Meter.
* Responsible for the maintenance and troubleshooting of the laboratory equipment and instrumentation.
* Generate and/or revise protocols, reports, and SOPs.
* Record raw data and observations immediately, clearly, and concisely.
* Will require safe and proper handling of various chemicals and must be able to read and understand SDS sheets.
* Comprehensive reading and writing of the English language is necessary.
* Minimum Bachelors Degree in Chemistry
* At least 4 years of laboratory experience in the Life Sciences industry with the use of GCMS systems
* Demonstrated leadership/mentoring experience
* Sound MS Office Suite skills
* Master s Degree in Chemistry
* 3-5 years of experience in testing/analytical lab with core focus on GCMS
* Experience with external customer/collaboration
* Experience in a testing environment (not necessarily quality control can be R&D area)
* Experience with Agilent GCMS
The Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.