Lead Chemist, Quality Control
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/7/2016
END DATE 1/6/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONFOR US, ITS A MISSION
At Mylan, we mean it when we say we work every day to provide access to high quality medicines to the worlds 7 billion people. If you are unconventional, relentless and passionate. If you believe in doing whats right, not whats easy. If you are a doer and have a passion for serving others, we want to talk to you.
MAKE A DIFFERENCE
At Mylan, each person has the ability to make a difference. From the providers who sell and market our products to the producers who develop and manufacture them and finally to our business partners who support the providers and producers, we all have a mission critical role. Heres how this role will help:
* Conduct analytical testing of pharmaceutical products.
* Serve as a mentor and lead chemists and senior chemists with technical and compliance aspects of the laboratory.
* Act as a liaison for the management team to actively address any technical/safety concerns.
* Critically evaluate and audit data.
* Assist and document laboratory training.
* Lead/assist in conducting and writing laboratory investigations.
MAKE OUR VALUES YOUR VALUES
Mylan hires only the best. People who thrive in a culture of innovation and empowerment. People who are active learners and have a positive attitude. People who are leaders and know that by working together we can run faster, reach higher and achieve more. By doing so, we will continue to set new standards in health care. Here are the minimum qualifications and essential functions for this position:
* Minimum of a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a scientific field and 2-4 years of experience. Four years of experience strongly preferred. However, a combination of experience and/or education will be taken into consideration.
* Must possess knowledge of analytical chemistry, pharmaceutical industry practice, and FDA regulations and guidances. Candidate must be knowledgeable in typical pharmaceutical analytical techniques such as chromatography (HPLC, GC, TLC, etc.), dissolution, and wet chemistry (UV/Vis, XRD, DSC, TGA, particle size, melting range, etc.).
* Must possess strong analytical laboratory skills. Must possess strong communication and reading skills. Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office and Excel. Must be able to effectively operative a computer based data acquisition system for chromatography. Must be able to multi-task to work on multiple projects at the same time.
* Ability to read and interpret complex business and/or technical documents. Ability to write comprehensive reports and detailed business correspondence. Ability to work with groups of people such as other departments and communicate known concepts. Ability to present to a group of departments.
* Ability to solve problems with a variety of concrete variables through semi-standardized solutions that require some ingenuity and analysis. Ability to draw inferences and follow prescribed and detailed procedures to solve moderately complex problems.
* Intermittently sitting, standing, walking or stooping. May be required to stand, walk, stoop, bend, kneel, and climb steps. May require use of hands and use of arms. Sedentary lifting requirements.
* Normal laboratory situation.
* Proficiency in speaking, comprehending, reading and writing English is required.
If you want to be part of a global health care company that is making a difference and changing lives, Mylan may be the place for you. With a workforce of more than 30,000 worldwide, we can make a difference. We encourage you to visit Mylan.com to learn more about our unconventional culture, our approach to doing business and how we plan to set new standards in health care.
Mylan offers competitive salary, excellent benefits and an environment conducive to professional growth and advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their disability or protected veteran status. Mylan is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Minorities/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Job Posting: Sep 6, 2016, 7:46:27 AM
Unposting Date: Ongoing.