Lead Construction Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONChester Engineers, Inc. is an international engineering, design/build, and program/construction management firm with a storied history in public and private infrastructure projects dating back to 1910.
Chester is committed to working with clients, assisting them in managing their operations, meeting existing challenges, planning for the future, and engineering and implementing solutions to meet their needs. Chester provides innovative resolution of client issues through design, engineering, scientific investigation/analyses, management, and consulting services.
Our Pittsburgh, PA office has an exciting job opportunity for a Lead Construction Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to work in a growing professional consulting office. The candidate will work with strong, nationally recognized, senior technical staff. Come join a dynamic and high performing team, where creativity and diversity are valued.
TITLE: Lead Construction Manager
Primarily responsible for implementing and managing client initiatives with respect to capital improvements and other construction activities. Development of cost estimates for construction management/construction inspection activities. Ensure satisfactory completion of construction activities with project schedule and oversee, coordinate, and monitor subcontractors' daily activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Ensure satisfactory completion of construction activities with project schedule.
* Oversee, coordinate, and monitor subcontractors' daily activities.
* Communicate daily with the subcontractor's and Chester's project management.
* Chair and minute all site meeting with the subcontractors.
* Establish and maintain a positive relationship with the client.
* Oversee onsite quality including, inspection of work, sign-offs, review of subcontractors' QA/QC programs and coordinate with subcontractors' Quality supervisors.
* Authorized to resolve onsite questions and use judgment to determine if engineering input is required.
* Communicate onsite engineering questions to project management as needed.
* Issue daily reports mainly consisting of subcontractors' daily work records.
* Maintaining appropriate field documentation and filing system.
* Oversee the subcontractors' receipt of Chester supplied equipment and maintain a log.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* 10 plus years of public sector/urban area construction management experience related to water, sanitary sewer, storm sewer, water treatment plant and wastewater treatment plant projects.
* E-Builder or other data management system experience.
* Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
* Professional Engineering License or PMP
SALARY IS CONSUMMATE UPON EXPERIENCE AND COMPETITIVE.
_OUR FIRM DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE IN ITS HIRING PRACTICES. EACH PERSON, WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, RELIGION, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, GENDER, AGE, HANDICAP OR DISABILITY, OR VETERAN'S STATUS, WILL BE GIVEN EQUAL CONSIDERATION._