Lead Consultant, Inventory Management Analytics
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Boca Raton, FL
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Responsibilities:This role is designed to provide analytics and reporting leadership to Office Depot's Supply Chain functions. Nature of work crosses many functional areas such as Inventory Management, Transportation, Distribution Center, Cross Dock and Retail Operations, Merchandising, Logistics as well as Finance.Analyze supply chain business operations and processes with the primary objective of reducing cost and increasing efficiency. Identify improvement opportunities. Develop data-driven recommendations using high-level analytics and quantitative techniques. Conduct analytical studies to optimize operations workflow alternatives. Communicate findings and supporting data evidence to SC leaders and Directors.Develop and systematically generate reporting to support Supply Chain operations. Design and generate metrics that properly evaluate operational performance. Mentor other team members in coding such reports as well as developing analytical processes.
Act as a fundamental driver in the Supply Chain reporting / analytics evolution towards progressive change and improved results. Partner with Supply Chain leaders to create value through excellence in framing problems, analyzing information, developing mathematical/statistical representation and recommending data-driven solution alternatives. Be a key influencer in large scale decisions the effect the profitability of the Supply Chain organization. Qualifications:Bachelor's Degree and 7 years' experience Other Information:Experience in:
* Supply Chain, Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Industrial Engineering, Computer Science or Similar
* Data Retrieval, Data Modeling, Data Analysis, Mathematical Modeling, Optimization
* SQL, Cognos is desired, Mathematical/Staqtistical Modeling language is a plus
* Ability to learn quickly and to think creatively.
* Proactive and dynamic, drives sense of urgency.
* Strategic thinker who is able to succinctly communicate operations strategy to business stakeholders.
* Regularly uses ingenuity and innovation to develop solutions that are consistent with organization objectives.
* Strong communications, interpersonal and presentation skills with ability to influence piers as well as executives.
* Exceptional analytic skills, data mining and quantitative technquies.
* Exceptional knowledge of Mathematical / Statistical modeling
* Expert in Supply Chain Operations, methods and procedures.
* Expert in Mathematical / Statistical Modeling. Utilize data mining results to develop feasible solution alternative.
* Sound capability of developing compelling business cases and data-driven solution recommendations
* Knowledge of predictive modeling and optimization.
* Advanced expertise in SQL Server, SSIS/DTS, MS Access, Project, Excel, and other MS Office products.
* Advanced experience working in a Business Intelligence reporting applications. Cognos experience preferred.
* Advanced skill in data retrieval, data management, data modeling.
* Strong knowledge of data warehouse systems.
* Knowledge of visual basic or similar coding experience.
* Knowledge of scripting language is a plus.
* Proven experience in information technology
* Ability to learn costing models and business case development.
* Ability to learn product lifetime valuations and pricing models. Pay, Benefits and Work Schedule:Office Depot offers competitive salaries, a benefits package, which includes a 401(k) and more, along with plenty of opportunity to move and grow within our organization! For immediate consideration for this exciting position, please click the Apply Now button. Equal Employment Opportunity:Office Depot is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law. .