Lead DBA Engineer 8/31/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Hi
Hope you are doing great. Currently we are engaged with the following requirement from one of our client.
DR_747 Lead DBA Engineer
Duration: 12+ months
Location: Dallas TX
The Lead Database Engineer will be part of the Global DatabaseEngineering team, which is responsible for all the aspects of database administration on production environments. The responsibilities include design and maintenance of databaseinfrastructure and customer environments as part of a managed hosting solution. Daily responsibilities include providing top level escalation support for CenturyLink Hosting Operations Engineers and CenturyLink hosting/Platinum support customers in their Oracle database Environment. He or she will also be responsible for installation, implementing High availability database environments, trouble tickets and troubleshooting of highly critical production environment with 99.99% uptime. Job responsibility includes - database performance tuning, implementing backup solutions and capacity planning. This person will work closely with other DBAs in a global team as well as application, systems operations and engineering teams. The Lead DB Engineer will be working in majority with Oracle 11g/10g/9i databases on Linux/AIX/HPUX.
* Good communication skills. Should be able to lead a customer account independently.
* Good Project management skills
* 10+ years of experience in Oracle Database Administration/support in Oracle RDBMS11g, 10g, 9i in production environment
* In-depth knowledge of databaseinternals, data structures and system views
* Experience in Oracle RMAN features and should be able to recover in case of disaster
* Hands on RAC experience in 10g and/or 11g with ASM storage
* Extensively used OEM and oracle grid control.
* Experience in setting up Data guard environment with failover or switchover exercise
* Experience in Performance tuning. Should be able to narrow down the cause of performance bottlenecks.
* Basic RedHat/Linux, HPUX, AIX Administration
* OCP in 10g or 11g
* Database Migration using various strategies between different version and OS
* Knowledge and expertise with shell scripting