Lead Data Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/14/2016
The J. M. Smucker Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONFor more than 115 years, The J. M. Smucker Company has been committed to offering consumers quality products that bring families together to share memorable meals and moments. Today, Smucker is a leading marketer and manufacturer of consumer food and beverage products and pet food and pet snacks in North America with annual net sales of approximately $8 billion. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker's , Folgers , Jif , Dunkin Donuts , Crisco , Pillsbury , R.W. Knudsen Family , Hungry Jack , Caf Bustelo , Martha White , truRoots , Sahale Snacks , Robin Hood , and Bick s . In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Meow Mix , Milk- Bone , Kibbles 'n Bits , Natural Balance , and 9Lives . The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about the Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
Lead Data Analyst - Price Analytics and Enterprise Systems
~A comprehensive relocation package may be available.
Senior Manager, Systems Best Practices & Enterprise Strategy
The Lead Analyst - Price Analytics and Enterprise Systems (part of the Revenue Growth Management team) is responsible for collaborating with the consumer business to optimize the price architecture through the development, maintenance, and socializing of dynamic market models. The Lead Analyst is part data artist and part business partner. The individual will be member of and help build a new Price Analytics and Enterprise Systems team. The team member is responsible for delivering fresh insights from the models. Technical expertise lay in statistics, optimization, modeling and simulation, mathematical programming, or data science. Cutting edge data visualization methods with a sound understanding of business acumen and process development is a plus. Some of the tasks this team member will be involved in:
* Scope, develop, maintain and advise on market models and manage technologies in regard to price and trade analysis
* Advance relevant, informative, and user-friendly insights to help inform strategic decision making with key business stakeholders across all SBAs
* Test new technologies, data, and products from vendors; and, helping advise the business on the acquisition of new platforms
* Identify and relate industry trends and best practices that can help propel the business forward
* Master Smucker business processes, product portfolio, and become a business ambassador
* A Bachelor's Degree is required
* A degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Analytics, or another related field is preferred
* A Master's degree in Analytics or equivalent experience in Regression, Classification, and/or Optimization modeling is preferred
* A minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in data science, actuarial science, statistics, another analytical role is required
* Experience using Python, SAS, R, SQL, or other relevant open source programming language is required
* Experience with Data Warehouse Platforms (ERP), Trade Promotion Management Systems (TPM), or Syndicated Data (POS / IRI) is a plus
* Strong computer (Excel, PowerPoint, Access) skills
* Detail oriented and inquisitive individual who enjoys data and working on a team
* Ability to build strong relationships with sales, marketing, finance, category teams
* Aptitude to complete projects under guidance with minimal supervision
* Outstanding written, verbal, and presentation skills
* Ability to travel as needed
The J. M. Smucker Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.