Lead Data Science Developer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/28/2016
END DATE 10/16/2016
United Parcel Service, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Lead Applications Developer
Are you looking to further develop your Information Technology career? If so, Then UPS is the place for you!
UPS is now recognized as a technology company spending more than $1 billion a year on information technology. UPS provides its customers unparalleled capability in tracking and distribution intelligence. This technological infrastructure also enables UPS to provide fully integrated Web-enabled, business-to-business solutions.
UPS Information Services, a leader in information technology, is currently seeking career-minded individuals to join our team. If you are highly motivated with a degree in Computer Science or related discipline, Then UPS is a great place for you to advance your career.
The Lead Applications Developer provides leadership in full systems life cycle management (e.g., analyses, technical requirements, design, coding, testing, implementation of systems and applications software, etc.) to ensure delivery is on time and within budget. He/She directs component and data architecture design, technology planning, and testing for Applications Development (AD) initiatives to meet business requirements and ensure compliance. This position develops and leads AD project activities and integrations. The Lead Applications Developer guides teams to ensure effective communication and achievement of objectives. He/She researches and supports the integration of emerging technologies. This position provides knowledge and support for applications development, integration, and maintenance. The Lead Applications Developer will lead junior team members with project related activities and tasks. He/She guides and influences department and project teams. This position facilitates collaboration with stakeholders.
Additional Role Information:
The Lead Applications Developer provides leadership in Advanced Analytic solutions to grow our business, drive efficiencies into our operations and create solutions to deliver value to customers.
The Lead Application Developer will help establish an Advanced Analytics IT team to enable the development of Advanced Analytics projects via state of the art practices, procedures, tools and data access.
The Lead Application Developer will be required to possess strong understanding of UPS data to develop Analytic solutions. Experience with Hadoop/Spark platform along with experience with machine learning is desired.
Data Modeling - Advanced
UNIX Shell - Advanced
Hadoop - Advanced
Spark - Intermediate
Java and (Python or R) - Advanced
Machine Learning - Advanced
Artificial Intelligence - Advanced
Leads System Analysis and Design
* Translates business and functional requirements into technical design to meet stated business needs.
* Develops and designs internal component and adjacent system interfaces to ensure inter-operability.
* Participates in technical architecture definitions to align solutions with business needs.
* Writes specifications using business requirements and logical and physical designs to enable coding.
* Identifies and participates in prototyping to assess value-to-need strategy and to clarify business needs.
Leads Design and Development of Applications
* Identifies new areas for process improvements to enhance performance results.
* Delivers application solutions to meet business and non-functional requirements.
* Analyzes, designs, codes, tests, corrects, and documents large and complex programs to ensure optimal performance and compliance.
* Leads team on analysis, design, and coding activities to ensure successful component and project delivery.
* Leads review of project deliverables to ensure quality and standard process adherence.
* Provides technical guidance to development teams to ensure quality deliverables.
* Verifies and delivers software to ensure compliance with standards.
Develops and Ensures Creation of Application Documentation
* Determines documentation needs to deliver applications.
* Organizes the production and distribution of documentation to facilitate communications.
* Responsible for system documentation to ensure accuracy and consistency when changes are made.
* Leads technical documentation in compliance with UPS Software Development Lifecycle to communicate and update project teams and stakeholders.
Defines and Produces Integration Builds
* Leads build processes for target environments to create software.
* Verifies integration test specifications to ensure proper testing.
* Creates integration plans to support systems interface testing.
* Evaluates and implements vendor products to ensure successful integration with existing applications.
* Designs and builds integration components and interfaces to ensure inter-operability.
* Reviews work progress to ensure timeliness and integrity of builds.
Monitors Emerging Technology Trends
* Monitors the industry to gain knowledge and understanding of emerging technologies.
* Identifies new and emerging hardware and software technologies and products to maintain industry competitiveness.
* Maintains awareness of emerging technology to ensure applicability for the assigned application area.
* Influences and promotes the adoption of new technologies to improve capabilities and supportability.
The desired Lead Applications Developer will possess a degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics or related field or the equivalent in education and work experience. A degree is preferred. Coursework in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning required.
UPS is an equal opportunity employer race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity