Lead Data Scientist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 12/10/2016
Jersey City, NJ
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob ID: 20160901-8192-RE
Company Name: ISO
Verisk has an amazing story to tell Named to Forbes America s Best Employers 2016 List and Forbes World s Most Innovative Companies 2015 List, Verisk is one of only 15 out of 500 companies to appear on both lists. Acknowledgment as a best employer is a testament to the Verisk team around the world. At Verisk, you can build a rewarding career with challenging and meaningful work, create a positive, lasting impact on the business, and find the support, coaching, and training it takes to advance your career. Our commitment to individual choice lets you customize aspects of your career path, your educational opportunities and your benefits. And our culture of innovation means your ideas on how to improve our business will be heard. As key contributors to our success, our team members enjoy working in a business casual, collaborative environment that offers state-of-the-art resources, advanced technologies and an excellent benefits package!
If you re looking for a career that transforms, inspires, challenges, and rewards you, then come join us! Verisk Analytics is a global supplier of risk assessment services and decision analytics for customers in a variety of markets, including insurance, healthcare, financial services, supply chain, and others. At Verisk, you ll be part of an organization that s committed to serving the long-term interests of our stakeholders, including the communities where we operate.
ISO Solutions group of Verisk Insurance Solutions, is seeking an experienced data scientist to serve as the lead technical resource in the development of new predictive modeling databases.
Title: Lead Data Scientist
Organizational Unit: ISO Solutions
Supervisory Responsibility: No
* Graduate-level degree with concentration in a quantitative discipline such as statistics computer science, mathematics, economics, or operations research.
* Strong verbal and written communications skills, listening and teamwork skills, and effective presentation skills. This is absolutely essential since you will have a lot of exposure to different internal groups (data, IT, product and sales) as well as third-party partners and customers (insurance companies).
* 3+ years of relevant work experience including 1 year of statistical modeling and data mining in a P&C insurance context (insurance company or insurance consulting firm) using large and complex datasets. Experience with personal lines rating plan modeling is a strong plus. Life or health insurance experience is a bonus.
* Expertise in statistical modeling techniques such as linear regression, logistic regression, GLM, tree models, cluster analysis, principal components, and feature creation, validation.
* Programming experience with SAS (Stat, macros, EMiner), R and other software (Python, H2O, MADlib). Greenplum, SQL Server or Hadoop experience is a plus.
* Detail-oriented technical aptitude with strong logical, problem solving, and decision-making skills. Excellent organization/planning skills and talent for managing many large and complex datasets.
* Aptitude in performing multiple tasks and dealing with changing deadline requirements. This includes knowing when to escalate issues. Maintains a focused, flexible, organized, and proactive manner.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
* Lead research, evaluation, and recommendation of internal and external data sources and coordinate with data resources.
* Serve as the senior technical expert for leadership on data cleansing, variable creation, variable transformation, etc., as well as best-practices in the creation of analytic datasets.
* Communicates with internal groups on data specifications and with IT engineers on model/algorithm implementation.
* Shares knowledge within the team.
* Tests new software and data sources for continual improvement of analytic databases.
* Utilizes advanced statistical techniques to create high-performing predictive models and creative analyses to address business objectives and client needs.
* Capable of independently executing data analysis and modeling projects from project/sample design, reception and processing of data, performing analyses and modeling to final reports/presentations, communication of results and sales support.
* Creates clear and easy to understand reports and/or PowerPoint decks for client meetings or third party collaborations.
* Follows, and may create, detailed project plans to ensure projects are completed on time and within budget.
* Assures compliance with regulatory and privacy requirements during design and implementation of database development, modeling, and analysis projects.
* Provides technical sales support, which may include various analyses and the preparation and presentation of analytical results.
* Verbally presents analysis ideas, progress and results to internal managers, external partners and customers.
For more information, contact visit us at Www.verisk.com/careers
We are offering an excellent compensation package that includes short-term cash incentive. Our competitive benefits package includes full health care options, a 401(k) plan, and generous Paid-Time-Off.
If this opportunity looks exciting and challenging to you, please contact Robin Edelstein (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get more information.
See our website at www.verisk.com for information about our company. All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers.
Verisk Analytics, of which Verisk Insurance Solutions is a division, was ranked by Forbes as the 18th most innovative company in the world. See announcement @ http://www.verisk.com/press-releases-verisk/2015/august-2015/forbes-ranks-verisk-analytics-18th-most-innovative-company-in-the-world.html
Verisk Analytics has also been named to join the S&P 500in 2015. See announcement @ http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2015-10-01/verisk-jumps-after-being-named-to-replace-joy-global-in-s-p-500
All members of the Verisk Analytics Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected classification.
Bachelors (or equivalent work experience)
Years of Experience