Lead Data Steward
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/7/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
This position is located in Lansdale PA.
The Lead Data Steward will have the responsibility to drive and improve data governance maturity across the organization. This person will be responsible to organize and facilitate an assigned group of data stewards across a diverse landscape of systems and processes globally. They will be responsible for driving data quality improvements by establishing standard definitions and business rules and regularly monitoring and reporting on compliance and adoption levels to the Data Governance Council.
This role will also provide global project implementation support through coordination and collaboration with cross-functional teams regarding all areas of data development, consumption, and life cycle management to ensure compliance and effective processing and controls of critical master data.
Key Responsibili ties:
* Drive and monitor data governance
* Establish and enforce data governance guidelines and principals
* Develop Data Steward organization across business functions and drive consensus regarding standard definitions
* Define and regularly monitor data quality measurements and provide management reports
* Identify, analyze and report/resolve data issues, related to uniqueness, integrity, accuracy, consistency and completeness.
* Provide support for internal and external audit activities.
* Establish and maintain data dictionary
* Define and document data naming and formatting standards
* Establish consistent data definitions and facilitate regular Data Stewardship and Governance Council meetings
* Enable quick and easy reference access for business analysts and functional data owners
* Support on-going business change initiatives
* Closely interact with business and provide master data subject matter expert input to various project teams as it relates to master data management and governance.
* Consult with business process engineers to identify data requirements to support business processes and objectives
* Integrate data life cycle management requirements & activities into project plans
* Support M&A integration events to ensure consistency with company standards
* Assess and execute master data conversion plans for project implementations as required
* Drive continuous education and adoption
* Develop training and communication protocols to support the education of master data standards, definitions, processes, policies and tools to functional data owners
* Ensure alignment with existing training programs and tools
* Education: Bachelors degree in accounting, business, computer science, computer engineering or a related field of study from an accredited college/university or equivalent experience.
* Minimum two years data management experience such as Data Governance, Data Quality and/or Master Data Management.
* Six Sigma Green Belt certification desired, Black belt preferred
* Software: SAP MDG, MS Office, SQL and Data Governance & Quality tools such as Collibra, Trillium, Informatica
* Travel: Less than 10% travel may be required
* Must be a results driven individual contributor with a can-do attitude.
* Experience with SAP Master Data, SD, MM, FI, PP Modules.
* Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
* Experience and knowledge of data life-cycle management principles, methodologies and tools.
* Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
* Flexible and adaptable, able to work in ambiguous situations.
* Familiarity with general project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
* Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics.