Lead Data & Visualization Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 12/14/2016
The J. M. Smucker Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONFor more than 115 years, The J. M. Smucker Company has been committed to offering consumers quality products that bring families together to share memorable meals and moments. Today, Smucker is a leading marketer and manufacturer of consumer food and beverage products and pet food and pet snacks in North America with annual net sales of approximately $8 billion. In consumer foods and beverages, its brands include Smucker's , Folgers , Jif , Dunkin Donuts , Crisco , Pillsbury , R.W. Knudsen Family , Hungry Jack , Caf Bustelo , Martha White , truRoots , Sahale Snacks , Robin Hood , and Bick s . In pet food and pet snacks, its brands include Meow Mix , Milk- Bone , Kibbles 'n Bits , Natural Balance , and 9Lives . The Company remains rooted in the Basic Beliefs of Quality, People, Ethics, Growth, and Independence established by its founder and namesake more than a century ago. For more information about the Company, visit jmsmucker.com.
Lead Data & Visualization Analyst - Price Analytics and Enterprise Systems
~A comprehensive relocation package may be available.
Senior Manager, Systems Best Practices & Enterprise Strategy
The Lead Data & Visualization Analyst (part of the Revenue Growth Management team) is responsible for collaborating with the retail business to optimize the price architecture through the development, maintenance, and socializing of price fundamentals and analysis frameworks. The Lead Data & Visualization Analyst is part business consultant and part data artist. The team member is responsible for delivering fresh data driven insights to key business stakeholders. Technical expertise lays in optimization, modeling, data science, or risk management, cutting-edge data visualization methods, and process development. The individual will also possess a sound business acumen bolstered by a knack for strategic thinking and creativity. The following skills are important to the success of this team member:
* Using thought innovation to synthesize and advance relevant, informative, and user-friendly insights to help inform strategic decision making
* Ability to understand and explain business implications for basket, category, and Smucker
* Participate in regular meetings with business leaders by translating complex data into actionable insights and relevant guidance
* Assist in the development of data models and recommend/manage model platforms in regard to price and trade
* Assist in the development and implementation of cross-SBA processes, decision making frameworks, and training
* Test new technologies, data, and products from vendors; and, help advise the business on the value and acquisition of new platforms
* Master Smucker business processes, product portfolio, and become a business ambassador
* Bachelor's Degree is required
* A degree in Economics, Statistics, Finance, Analytics, Actuarial Science, or other another related field is preferred
* Master's degree is also preferred
* A minimum of 3 years of experience in statistics or data analytics is required
* Proficiency in Tableau, Spotfire, or other data visualization platforms and data visualization concepts is preferred
* Experience with Data Warehouse Platforms (ERP), Trade Promotion Management Systems (TPM), or Syndicated Data (POS / IRI) is preferred
* Affinity for data and data analytics with an acumen for statistical concepts is preferred
* Self-motivated, naturally inquisitive, and detail oriented individual with the aptitude to prioritize and complete projects under guidance with minimal supervision
* Strong computer (Excel, PowerPoint, Access) skills
* Ability to build strong cross-functional relationships
* Outstanding written, verbal, and presentation skills
* Ability to travel as needed
The J. M. Smucker Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.