Lead Database Administrator
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION TITLE: LEAD DATABASE ADMINISTRATOR
LOCATION: WASHINGTON, DC
The Lead Database Administrator will be responsible for establishing and ensuring database architectures and system alternatives to keep pace with industry, enhancing practice of Data Management framework (DAMA), and maximizing corporate investment. In addition, the Lead Database Administrator will work with the data analysts to ensure necessary support is received to research requests, determine the cause and extent of problems when they occur and continually work to improve the DBA practices.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related studies
* A MINIMUM OF 12 YEARS of related experience with DBMS software
* Oracle certification preferred
* Knowledge of database practices, Oracle DBA administration, database tuning and recovery required
* Demonstrated knowledge and experience with Linux/UNIX operating systems, PL/SQL development and IT General Controls required
* Excellent interpersonal skills to interact, present information and respond to questions from staff at all levels of the organization
* Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment and provide 24x7 support to ensure continuous market presence
* Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions and write detailed reports, business correspondence, systemrequirement documents, procedures and training manuals
* Ability to perform analysis and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations
* Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions