Lead Developer 9/6/2016
New York, NY
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY The rules of the game are changing. Success is no longer measured by products and services alone but by the talent that brings those solutions to market. In today's competitive environment companies are increasingly challenged in finding, developing, and retaining that talent. Here at this software product firm we're not only building the next generation of HR management solutions, we're dreaming up new ways for HR to manage their most important asset - their people.
As Lead Application Builder / Developer you'll be at the forefront of a revolution in talent management, driving the end to end creation of a suite of applications. Leveraging your technical foundation you'll have the opportunity to rapidly develop solutions that directly impact customers and their organizations. This software product firm's fast paced and dynamic organization is looking for individuals who aren't afraid to adopt a 'build and iterate' approach, designing with flexibility in mind and constantly improving based on feedback. The challenge doesn't stop there though. Application Builders / Developers have influence beyond core UI implementation, logic, and workflows designs - you'll also have influence over the product direction and the planning that supports it.
If you're looking for a challenging opportunity that starts with technology and ends only where you want to take it, then consider join the Application Builder / Developer team.
* The Application Developer is a primary resource for technical design, development, testing, support and ongoing maintenance for Human Capital Management information apps leveraging our Open HCM platform
* Implement and configure application functionality including user interfaces, business rules, workflows and complex logic
* Create technical design and implementation documents
* Enforce governance around cross-cutting capabilities such as security, authentication, authorization and auditing
* Work with software development test engineers to fully automate application testing and high quality development and configuration
* Lead internal process improvement initiatives
* Provide feedback on processes and drive both technology change as well as product insight
* Mentor junior staff on application development and configuration requirements
* Collaborate with Product Management & Technology Architects in a full-stack capacity
* Masters / Bachelors' degree in Computer Science or related field (In lieu of degree, 4 years of relevant work experience)
* 5+ years technical implementation/development, business analysis, or project management experience with large-scale, complex IT applications systems
* Experience with SQL / NoSql database with ability to write queries.
* Experience in gathering requirements, functional design, and documenting business processes
* Excellent leadership, communication, interpersonal skills with the ability to explain advanced concepts to audiences of varying technical levels
* Proficient at technical business writing, evaluation and configuration of functional requirements, integrations, workflows, use-cases, validation rules and data models
* Demonstrated experience documenting/configuring solutions for complex business and data intensive systems
* Experience building Human Capital Management, Business Process Management or Enterprise resource management tools
* Knowledge of one of the following languages: C#, Java, C, Ruby on Rails, Python or Go
* Experience with Agile software development methodologies
* Experience in automation testing specifically in BDD or TDD methodologies
* Experience coordinating various technical groups for dependency and roadmap alignment
* Ability to maintain focus while rapidly developing proficiency in new skills
* Experience in startup or high growth technology environment