Lead Developer 8/26/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Responsibilities
* This engineer is responsible for understanding data sources and transports specifications and for designing, architecting, implementing and testing integration solutions that bring the information from those data sources into the ILPS platform/solution.
* The Lead Development Engineer will be responsible for the development of custom interfaces to the various police agency systems: Computer Aided Dispatch, Vehicle Location Systems, Asset Management, License Plate Recognition Systems, Information Databases, Video Management Systems, among others.
* In this capacity, the engineer will typically develop code in Java, with other languages being applicable depending on the situation. Besides implementation, the engineer will be involved in analysis and design activities that will determine the optimal integration approach for each project.
* The result of the integration and deployment activities will be a fully integrated Intelligence Led system that will allow Police agencies to do their job more efficiently and effectively.
* 4+ years experience in software engineering
* Agile/Kanban experience a plus
* Ability to mentor less experienced engineers
* Very strong object oriented design and development skills.
* ETL experience (extract, translate, load) is a plus
* Virtualization experience (Docker, VMWare)
* Linux proficiency
* Experience developing software for a cloud environment is a plus
* Experience with one UI development kit is a plus.(HTML5/Flex/Swing/Android/IOS)
* Strong computer skills with JAVA programming. Other languages like python, NodeJS, Ruby also a plus
* MUST have Java software application experience
* Experience in design and development of applications using.NET
* Experience developing large, maintainable software product architectures.
* Strong software design, profiling and verification skills.
* Deep understanding of the concepts behind solid software design: Abstraction, Modularity, Design Patterns, etc.
* Knowledge in backend database systems and Public Safety communication standards is a plus.
* Work experience through complete software project delivery cycles.
* Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
* Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines
* Self starter, takes initiative, identifies and completes tasks; Goal driven
* Professional with ability to properly handle confidential information
* Ability to work and thrive in a team environment
* Must be able to obtain background clearance as required by government customer
5 - 10
*Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering (or equivalent STEM discipline). *5+ years experience in Software Engineering.