Lead Developer in Data Warehouse
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
New York, NY
This position is for a hands-on lead Developer in the Data Warehouse team of the North America based Credit RiskTechnology team.
The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work closely with the Credit Risk business unit, IT business analysts, GUI development teams and Data providers and consumers to deliver Credit Risk Data Warehouse systems related projects.
The candidate must have minimum 10years hands-on IT experience, preferably in the financial services industry working on all aspects of SDLC with focus on ETL, Transactional Data Processing (OLTP) and Data Warehouse. Must have strong ability to work on multiple IT projects simultaneously, working with the stake holders, clients and other system owners to drive the projects to successful completion.
Must have previous involvement in data modeling and/or systems architecture.
Responsibilities will include technical analysis, design, development and perform enhancements. The candidate will participate in all of the following activities:
* Hands-on development experience working with large volume db. Strong knowledge of table partitions, high performance loading and data processing. Practical experience to decide between DB vs. ETL processing OR both.
* Working with business analysts and other project leads to understand requirements.
* Modeling and implementing database schemas.
* Designing, developing, maintaining and supporting Data Warehouse Extract, Transform and Load (ETL) software using Informatica, Shell Scripts, DB2 UDB and Autosys.
* Coming up with system architecture/re-design proposals for greater efficiency and ease of maintenance and developing software to turn proposals into implementations.
* Hands on development using big data / Greenplum platform
SKILLS REQUIRED :
* Ability to deliver multiple simultaneous projects under pressure of regulatory driven deadlines
* 10+ years of relational databaseexperience with emphasis on Data Warehouse (DB2 UDB / Oracle / Sybase / SQL Server)
* 7+ years ETL experience (Informatica / Ab Initio)
* Strong knowledge of any one programming language
* Hands-on experience with Greenplum / DB2 / Teradata / Oracle
* Excellent analytical ability
* Strong collaboration and communication skills
SKILLS DESIRED :
* Credit risk knowledge
* MSAS/OLAP cubes
* Job scheduler knowledge - Autosys