Lead Diesel Technician
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/8/2016
Advanced Disposal Services
Saint Cloud, MN
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION SUMMARY:
Mechanics perform repairs and preventive maintenance on Trucks and Dumpsters. The preventive maintenance may involve assembly, disassembly, and/or repair of lubrication systems, cooling systems, electrical systems, hydraulic systems, brakes, suspension systems and exhaust systems. As Lead Man the employee shall have no authority to hire, discharge or discipline. However, this does not preclude an employee in the Lead position from keeping time, explaining to other classified employees in the crew how certain tasks should be performed, and the priorities of the work for the day
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities as management may deem necessary from time to time.
* Pass on work orders from supervisors to shift mechanics and accountable for reporting the quality of the work performed
* Conduct safety observations as directed, coach where appropriate, and forward to maintenance manager
* Order and receive parts and enter into Dossier
* Perform normal duties as a Mechanic A
* Conduct quality work inspections of work performed by shift mechanics
* Train mechanics to fully develop all skill sets
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Mechanic A
* Demonstrated leadership skills and accountability
* Willingness to work any shift
Education: High School Graduate or Equivalent
Years of Experience: Minimum 5 years' experience maintaining waste collection vehicles
Certifications/License: Possess or be able to obtain a CDL and State Inspection certificate in 180 days of hire date
Technicians are exposed to the following conditions:
* Slippery floors due to oil and grease spills
* Cramped conditions under trucks and in truck compartments
* Petroleum products and solvents
* Hot temperatures from engines and coolant systems
* Vibration from powered hand tools
* Occasional exposure to extreme temperatures
* May be exposed to solvents and chemicals, and refuse in trucks.
* Other risks associated with working around machines, tools and truck
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
* Ability to operate trucks and other equipment used as needed
* Ability to organize various office systems through adjusting, connecting, lifting, pulling, pushing, bending or folding for the purpose of proper records development and/or management
* Ability to use a computer and related devices, such as a keyboard or mouse or other related equipment, throughout the workday while seated at a desk or workstation
* Ability to climb ladders, bend or stand for long periods of time. In addition, individuals must be able to reach above shoulders and lift a minimum of 50 pounds
This job description is not a contract and does not affect the at-will nature of your employment relationship with Advanced Disposal. Furthermore, this job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and does not and cannot address every responsibility or duty you may be expected to perform during your employment. Advanced Disposal reserves the right to modify or amend this job description at its discretion, without prior notice.
All qualified applicants considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, gender orientation or other protected status
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled