Lead Electrical Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Lead Engineer Electrical
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications: This role is available for local candidates already authorized to work in the role's country only. K-C will not provide relocation support for this role.
Job Summary The Electrical Engineer for this role will be part of the KCI Development and Commercialization team. The candidate will be the discipline lead for one or several project teams where focus is on developing new or adopting and adapting existing global product solutions.
North Atlantic Consumer Products - Baby Child Care / Neenah, WI at Kimberly-Clark
Lead Electrical Engineer
Requisition No. 755776
The Electrical Engineer for this role will be part of the Kimberly-Clark International Research and Engineering Development/Commercialization team. The candidate will be the discipline lead for one or several project teams where focus is on developing new or adopting and adapting existing global product solutions.
Key Customers: Project Leaders, Global and Regional Research & Engineering, and Operations
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Support the development of new or modified processes to meet product design
* Develop the electrical scope and execution plans
* Transfer knowledge to regional engineering and manufacturing teams
* Lead the electrical portion of trials and launch activities
* Manage the electrical contract scope and costs
* Influence and support the build of the process learning plan
* Guide design engineers as they create final design in the capital execution phase
Skills and Area of demonstrated technical aptitude or awareness:
* Electrical Discipline lead
* Software coordination
* Electrical conversion coordinator
* Personal care product high speed manufacturing
* Motion Control
* Machine Networks
The electrical engineer will initiate, design, develop and optimize manufacturing and supporting processes. Candidates must have expertise on high speed personal care equipment, drives and controls, HMI, registration and inspection, software coordination, and demonstrated ability to effectively provide specific project work direction to contract engineers.
* Carries out all job responsibilities in a safe manner. Develop and deliver equipment and processes that meet safety requirements, policies and guidelines. Provides for the safety and well-being of operators, maintenance and other personnel.
* Leads single or multiple product or process improvement projects with a financial scope of up to $10 million from conception through commercialization and can support larger projects as a member of the project team. Lead Project Management from inception with specifying, selecting, procuring, installing, engineering check-outs and starting-up associated machinery. Receives direction from Engineering Manager or Senior Engineers in the form of specific objectives.
* Provides functional leadership and creativity in the initiation of design, development and optimization of manufacturing and converting processes to meet unit objectives.
* Develops knowledge and skills to be recognized for expertise and functional leadership in application of engineering principles, scientific analysis, problem solving and project management while providing advice and counsel to others.
* Seeks, recognizes, defines and solves complex technical issues to root cause to achieve objectives.
* Participates in the development of others within the area of the incumbent's expertise, including the creation of knowledge transfer documentation materials.
* Requires a Bachelor's or advanced degree in Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology from an accredited College or University.
* Requires a minimum of 6 years engineering experience in a variety of technical or operational assignments in a high-speed consumer product manufacturing and/or staff environment.
* A demonstrated ability to perform in cross-functional teams to achieve objectives within required timeframes.
* Experience with manufacturing control systems, such as: PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers); variable speed drives; HMI (Human Machine Interfaces) distributed control systems; instrumentation; power distribution.
* Experience with or exposure to the following manufacturing control systems: Allen Bradley and/or Rockwell Automation PLC's, and safety PLC's; VS drives and servo drives; Honeywell TDC; Factory Talk SE/ME Allen Bradley HMI; instrumentation, Ethernet I/P networks, power distribution.
* In depth technical knowledge and expertise in high speed manufacturing operations.
* Up to 12 years of experience in a variety of mill manufacturing and staff support or capital project assignments, including maintenance and asset support.
* Experience working with external technical service providers.
* Familiarity with high-speed manufacturing equipment machine startups.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
Primary Location USA-WI-Neenah
Worker Type Employee
Worker Sub-Type Regular
Time Type Full time