Lead Engineer Electrical
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONLead Engineer Electrical
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:
From brands such as Huggies and Kleenex to medical devices and workplace solutions, Kimberly-Clark makes the essentials for a better life. We hold the No. 1 or No. 2 share position globally in more than 80 countries, but we're not just changing diapers here. Our employees are changing the world for the better with innovative products that create new categories and push existing ones to a higher level. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineer at our Mobile Mill. Electrical Engineers at Kimberly-Clark initiate, design, develop, optimize and problem solve manufacturing and supporting processes.
Project Leaders, Engineering, Research, Operations, Maintenance, Consumers
* Identify and resolve process and equipment problems.
* Initiate creative and practical designs which meet expectations.
* Implement engineering and scientific analysis principles.
* Apply engineering standards and procedures.
* Document work to ensure information is retrievable.
Incumbent will report to the LDC Reliability Effectiveness Leader and receive direction in the form of specific objectives. Recognized for understanding application of technology and demonstrates ability to interface with team members.
* Require a Bachelor's or advanced degree: Electrical Engineering or Electrical Engineering Technology from an accredited College or University and 4 years' experience in a variety of technical or operational assignments. Candidates with an Associate, Bachelor, or Advanced degree in a relevant scientific discipline and possessing applicable experience may also be considered.
* Experience with manufacturing control systems, such as: PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers); variable speed motor drives; HMI (Human Machine Interfaces)distributed control systems; instrumentation; power distribution)
* Continuing self-development and experience in a variety of assignments is preferred
* Demonstrated personal sensitivity and competency in design and/or use of engineering/scientific analysis systems/tools.
DIMENSIONS Vary widely with assignment and typically include:
* Project responsibility of $ 50M to $1 MM
* Support Project Engineering team, Maintenance, and/or Operations
* Multiple projects
* Design and Development: Initiate, design, develop and optimize LDC manufacturing and supporting processes to achieve unit objectives.
* Technical Knowledge: Develop knowledge and skills to be recognized as an implementer of engineering principles and /or scientific analysis in meeting unit objectives.
* Safety: Support implementation of the loss control improvement process by compliance with critical safety rules. Visibly demonstrate that safety is a value by following safety procedures, maintaining a safe workplace and complying with safety rules. Develop equipment, processes and products that meet safety codes, policies and guidelines. Actively participate in achieving organization and personal safety objectives. Follow the Safety Roles and Responsibilities Matrix by holding yourself and all team members accountable to its tenets.
* Security and Documentation: Maintain security and documentation to ensure the retrieval of data and protection of proprietary information.
* Problem Solving: Seek, recognize, define and solve problems/opportunities to achieve unit objectives.
* Internal Control: Lead assigned projects/tasks to meet unit objectives within applicable corporate policies. Place emphasis on CFI and Internal Control.
* Communications: Communicate fully with superiors, subordinates and others who have need to know. Be informative without being obtrusive or vexatious. Communicate in a way that is timely, yet prompt; complete, yet concise; candid, yet accurate; and clear, yet responsive.
* Human Resources Development: Assist in the development of others in the area of his/her expertise, while demonstrating an understanding of those with a diverse background or experience.
* Quality: Improve process capability to deliver a reduction in defects and variability. Identify, develop, and implement products, processes, materials, systems, and procedures to achieve business objectives.
* Diversity: Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve both their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
Primary Location USA-AL-Mobile
Worker Type Employee
Worker Sub-Type Regular
Time Type Full time