Lead Engineer - Landover, MD (1943)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/28/2016
The RMR Group LLC
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Worker Category :Regular Full-Time
The Lead Engineer reports to the Area Chief Engineer and maintains a working relationship and takes direction from all Property Managers in his/her area for issues affecting their properties. The Lead Engineer will typically oversee the operations of several buildings. Issues may range from tenant improvement work to preventive maintenance and repair of all building systems. The Lead Engineer must exhibit outstanding client service and professionalism in all interactions with tenants and RMR staff. Teamwork and collaboration are critical to this position s success. The portfolio currently consists of 5 buildings totaling 978,000 square feet.
* Operate, maintain, and log all HVAC and MEP equipment under the direction of the Area Chief Engineer.
* Complete tenant service requests, and develop and maintain positive tenant relations through prompt, courteous response to tenant requests.
* Perform preventive maintenance and repairs on HVAC equipment, plumbing and electrical systems, as directed by the Area Chief Engineer. Duties include, but are not limited to changing filters, coil cleaning, greasing motors, replacing light bulbs & ballasts, inspecting/adjusting belts, and regular inspections of equipment
* Maintain computerized or manual equipment logs that detail preventive work performed.
* Clean and paint equipment and surrounding areas relating to equipment and equipment rooms.
* Assist in ordering stock and inventory of parts and supplies, as needed.
* Respond immediately to emergency situations and customer concerns.
* Review elevator maintenance records and confirm elevator maintenance is performed per national agreement. Inspect condition of elevator machine rooms. Report any elevator deficiencies to the Area Chief Engineer.
* Assist with review of tenant improvement plans. Inspect active construction areas and confirm contractors are following all building rules and regulations.
* Coordinate fire alarm and sprinkler shutdown and drain downs with contractors as needed.
* Coordinate all quarterly fire alarm testing and maintenance with building vendor.
* Maintain and operate life safety/fire systems
* Perform carpentry and snow removal, if necessary.
* Take meter readings on all meters and equipment as directed by the Area Chief Engineer.
* Perform minor repairs on doors, hardware, lock, windows, ceilings, and floors
* Troubleshoot, evaluate and make recommendations to upgrade maintenance operations and/or implement savings opportunities
* Possess competent knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment used in facility and ground maintenance
* Inspect buildings, grounds and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions and report to management
* Inspect new installation for compliance with building codes and safety regulations
* Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and company directives, as related to building operations and practice safe work habits
* Daily communication with property management, engineering staff, security, tenants and contractors/vendors is vital.
* Manage the engineering team in the absence of the Area Chief Engineer.
GENERAL MAINTENANCE AND OPERATION DUTIES:
* Understand OSHA guidelines and how to ensure that all equipment is maintained to guidelines/standards
* Read and follow written and oral instructions
* Convey thoughts and recommendations orally and/or in writing to supervisors, contractors and others in order to resolve building-related problems
* Operate and use necessary manual and power-driven tools
* High school diploma or GED equivalent required.
* Minimum of 5 years of direct experience in all aspects of the management of mechanical, electrical life/safety and plumbing operations for commercial office buildings.
* HVAC technical training and EPA refrigeration license is preferred.
* Applicable military experience or other related operations experience will be considered including power plants, multi-family, hotels, hospitals, facilities, etc.
* Strong hands-on refrigeration/HVAC troubleshooting mandatory.
* Must have experience in Building Automation Systems, preventative maintenance and work order systems.
* Ability to interpret mechanical, electrical blueprints and schematics.
* Oversee and supervise service providers.
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
* Must have strong customer service skills working with tenants and clients.
* Must be team oriented and a problem solver.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Manage own time on a daily basis with little supervision
* Must be able to handle multiple projects, changing priorities, and continually heavy workloads
* May be required to work extended periods of time without relief, when responding to priority/emergency situations (including overtime-type assignments)
* Stooping, standing, climbing and frequent lifting of a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pump, tools, ladders) and ability to safely install rigging/lifting device
* Lift and carry objects of up to 50 lbs. for distances of up to 30 feet
* Climb ladders and stairs.
* Maintain professional appearance and manner at all times while in the complex.
* Will be required to perform offsite duties through the use of a personal vehicle.
* Must have a valid driver s license.