Lead Engineer Process/Mechanical
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 10/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONLead Engineer Process/Mechanical
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications:
This is a position for a Process Engineer within the KC International AFC R&E organization who will work on Adult and Feminine Care innovation projects. The person in this role will be part of a cross functional team and will work closely with members of the other Global Innovation Centers in Korea and Brazil and with regional R&E team across the globe including the KNCA organization.
Candidates should have a variety of engineering experience across the innovation cycle and have demonstrated the ability to effectively collaborate with a broad network of team members. The incumbent reports to an R&E Senior Manager and receives direction in the form of specific objectives from the R&E Manager in addition to their Project Leads. Key customers include Regional Business / R&E teams, Regional Production Facilities, Global Product Supply, primary interactions within the R&E organization and with pilot facilities.
Mechanical or electrical engineering background and previous global interaction or experience is a plus but not required.
The type of work is consistent with other Development and Commercialization engineering positions and primarily consists of the following:
* Identify and resolve process and equipment problems
* Initiate creative and practical designs which meet expectations
* Implement engineering and scientific analysis principles
* Apply engineering standards and procedures
* Document work to ensure information is retrievable
* Collaborate with core and extended Materials and Product team members on development of processes to meet product design
* Develop budgetary capital estimates
* Participate in and lead pilot and commercial trials
* Support global project rollouts in region, both through preparation and potentially onsite
1) Provide leadership by example as a team member on larger research & development projects or through leadership of a moderate size project, by carrying out assignments in a timely, diligent, safe and professional manner.
2) Manage self and/or team in accordance with the expected Leadership Behaviors. Effectively achieve results that meet business and individual objectives.
3) Develop knowledge and skills to be recognized as an effective implementer of research principles, scientific analysis, and engineering development.
4) Employ innovative approaches & problem solving to issues and identify creative ideas/concepts for engineering development
5) Conduct all communications and transactions with the utmost integrity and honesty so as to build an unimpeachable business reputation.
6) Manage self in accordance with the expected behaviors of the One KC Behaviors & Competencies.
7) Document knowledge and report research and development work as required by R&E policy.
8) Demonstrate the ability to fully develop the skills and traits required for continued growth as a engineer
9) Contribute to an environment in which all team members are respected regardless of their individual differences and are motivated to improve both their individual and team contributions to achieve desired business results.
10) Comply with critical safety rules. Carry out job responsibilities in a safe manner. Provide for the safety and well-being of fellow co-workers. Complete projects that include equipment, process, and product that meet safety codes, policies, and guidelines.
1) Candidates must possess a Bachelor's degree or a proven engineering development track record.
2) 4-8 years' experience in a variety of R&E process engineering roles or other related experience.
3) Proven ability to work effectively with multiple functions in a project team, such as: product development, operations, production facilities, maintenance, legal, safety, regulatory, quality, and product supply.
4) The ability to drive projects independently or with limited direction to achieve business goals within required timeframes.
5) Solid & growing understanding of product development
6) Ability to, with support, incorporate business strategies and priorities into product development activities.
7) Willing to travel both domestically and globally, estimated to be 10-25% of the time.
Operating Budget: Indeterminate - $2MM
Personnel: Work direction of 0 - 3 people
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 175 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With more than 140 years of history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and empowering them do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, pregnancy, genetic information, citizenship status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
Primary Location USA-WI-Neenah
Worker Type Employee
Worker Sub-Type Regular
Time Type Full time