Sr. Software Architect / Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 2/4/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB DESCRIPTION:
Broadcom's High Speed Ethernet Controller business is experiencing high growth in the 25/50/100 Gbps networking space. We are developing a new class of devices that deliver first in class, end-to-end solutions for high speed networking, virtualization, switching, low latency computing, and manageability features. Our software and ASIC teams are tightly coupled in architecting next-generation devices, with the software team also developing and delivering production firmware, device drivers, and system software that integrates our hardware technology with leading OS and other ecosystem partner platforms. We are looking for qualified candidates to work in our Advanced Software Development team, where providing software architecture and developing prototype solutions for cutting edge device technologies are our focus. Be a part of this exciting team, where your skills and experience will be leveraged to help Broadcom grow its leadership position in high speed Ethernet Controllers.
* 10-15+ yrs experience developing software / firmware for telecommunications / data communications products (infrastructure equipment such as switches / bridges / routers / etc), NICs, Ethernet controllers, etc.
* Good verbal communication skills. Excellent written communication skills. Demonstrated ability to write technical documents / specs at all levels - requirements, architecture, functional, design.
* Experience developing embedded firmware for networking SoCs with wired / Ethernet interfaces.
* Experience developing device drivers and embedded firmware for Switching ASICs (control plane / data plane / management plane)
* Good understanding of OSI network model - layers 1-7. Ideally will have developed / implemented / ported software / firmware at multiple layers.
* Experience with networking and device driver stacks on one or both of Linux / UNIX and Windows operating systems. Ideally will have developed network or other device driver software for one or both.
* Knowledge / understanding of PCIe protocol and PCIe architectural concepts as related to IO infrastructure, virtualization, and memory management.
* Comfortable with concepts as well as some low level details related to virtualization approaches in one or more industry standard operating systems (Linux / KVM, Windows Hyper-V, VMware ESX, Xen, etc).
* Some experience with NIC product design and development for the industry standard SMP server (i.e. Intel x86) environment.
* Comfortable with concepts and architectures associated with modern high speed Ethernet controllers - E.g., RSS, RSC, LSO, LRO, TPA, JF, stateless offloads, etc.
* Knowledge of RDMA / HPC / low latency computing concepts is desirable.
* Familiarity with Linux / open source development is desirable.
* Experience / familiarity with CPU architectures for Intel x86 and ARM.
DESIRABLE SKILLS / EXPERIENCE / EXPERTISE:
* Public / Private Cloud DC - Platform / Infrastructure / Services / Deployment Model / etc.
* Standards Body Attendance / Representation
* Networking Performance Benchmarks / Network Controller Performance Optimizations / Techniques / etc.
* Modern Network Switching Technologies (SDN / Protocols / ASICs / Infrastructure / Virtualization / ...)
* Experience with Compression and Encryption technologies / hardware accelerators
IF YOU ARE LOCATED OUTSIDE USA, PLEASE BE SURE TO FILL OUT A HOME ADDRESS AS THIS WILL BE USED FOR FUTURE CORRESPONDENCE.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.