Lead HR Business Partner 9/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY: CenturyLink Human Resources Department is looking for a Labor Relations Business Partner to join our team. This position is important to long-term success with our workforce and making CenturyLink a great place to work. The ideal candidate is a progressive leader that knows how to build relationships and develop long-term strategies for designing, planning, and implementing CenturyLink's labor relations programs, policies, and practices. This role establishes and maintains successful labor-management relations, interprets the collective bargaining agreements, administers grievance procedures including arbitrations, and assists all levels of management on labor matters. This is an excellent opportunity to play an integral role within CenturyLink to help us better serve the environment, our customers and the communities in which they live.
Minimum 5 - 7 Years Experience as an HR Generalist or HR Business Partner providing support to Union employees
Large company experience Preferred
Experience managing performance management
Experience managing medical restrictions
Experience in labor relations
Experience in employee engagement
Strong verbal & written communications skills
Ability to multitask and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
JOB RESPONSIBILTY: Provides broad labor relations support and guidance to various levels of management and employees. This includes providing guidance and direction to management regarding collective bargaining agreement(s), company policies and performance management with the ability to be strategic and to influence outcomes.
* Independently develops solutions for complex problems as well as resolving conflict solutions through experience, knowledge of applicable employment and labor laws and regulations, and current collect bargaining agreements.
* Facilitates and participates in the resolution of employee/union disputes and grievances including but not limited to meeting with the union, preparing formal written response, preparing for and testifying at arbitrations or other such hearings.
* Coordinates and participates in on-going labor/management committees with the assistance of HR Staff. Selects committee members, participates with HR Staff in preparing agenda and works with management team on topics of mutual concern between the union(s) and the company.
* Represents the company at the bargaining table for negotiations, coordinates the preparation of proposals from the company, analyzes and advises the company on proposals from the union, coordinates the final documents and implementation of contracts after ratification.
* Builds and maintains flexible relationships and open communication with local union officials and internal management.
* Monitors labor trends internally and externally and provide strategy guidance to top management.
* Conducts independent investigations as needed to support the resolution of complex represented employee performance issues or complaints.
* Provide guidance on medical restrictions (including 90-day analysis) and potential job searches, ADA/FML compliance (including interactive discussions), Workers Compensation, Short term disability and unpaid Leaves of Absence issues.
* Conducts training on labor relations subjects.