Lead HVAC Mechanic
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Us:
EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
Job Title: Lead HVAC Mechanic
Job Summary: EMCOR Government Services has a need for a Lead HVAC Mechanic in Herndon, VA. The selected candidate will supervise personnel, and perform maintenance and repair of equipment at the Dulles Discovery Site in Herndon, Virginia.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
* Assist Chief Engineers with his duties.
* Supervise and assist with the maintenance of site equipment and building structure.
* Supervise and assist in the training and development of Tour Mechanics.
* Assist EMCS Tech with the monitoring, maintenance and repairs of the BMCS systems on the site.
* Assist with the troubleshooting of all equipment on site.
* Supervise the performance of the preventive maintenance of all equipment on site.
* Institute the corrective action and/or inform his supervisor on any deficiencies found in the course of performing the job.
* Attend meetings with Client and USG and be prepared to provide corrective solution to site issues.
* Supervise EMCS Tech, HVAC Mechanics, HVAC Tour Mechanics, Fire Alarm Tech and General Maintenance Workers.
* Monitor Subcontractors in their task and provide reports when needed.
* Perform other task as directed by his Supervisor.
* Must be able to obtain and maintain an ISSA TS/SCI w/Poly.
* Seven ( 7) or more years experience in the trade with at least three ( 3) year in Supervisory position during that time.
* CFC Certification.
* Five ( 5) or more years experience in maintenance and repairs on Commercial-Industrial building equipment to include but not limited to:
Chillers =/+500 tons Pumps Control Systems Air Handlers Cooling Towers Heat Exchangers VAV s VFD s
* Demonstrate the ability to read and understand Blueprints, schematics and specifications.
* Be able to demonstrate practical knowledge of Chiller Plant Operations.
* Be able to demonstrate practical knowledge of Building Air Systems.
* Able to work extended hour when needed.
* Heavy physical effort ( lift/carry up to 75 lbs).
* Prolong, extensive or considerable standing/walking.
* Push/pull or move/lift equipment, supplies, and parts.
* Manual dexterity and mobility.
* Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling and crouching.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled