- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Lead HVAC Mechanic
EMCOR Government Services offers an experienced single-source solution for meeting the routine and mission-critical needs of federal, state, local and other government organizations. By combining our expert professional technicians, commercial best practices, extensive facilities knowledge and strong commitment to reliable, responsive service, we enable our government clients to achieve consistently high-performance facilities, on-time projects and long-term value.
JOB TITLE: Lead HVAC Mechanic
JOB SUMMARY: EMCOR Government Services has an immediate need for a Lead HVAC Mechanic in West Point, NY.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Performs preventive maintenance, diagnostic testing, overhauling, installation and repairs on a large variety of types of extremely sophisticated refrigeration, dehumidification, air-conditioning, ventilation and heating systems equipment.
* The incumbent will be required to respond to emergency calls after working hours, weekends and holidays to facilitate emergency repairs to equipment that is critical to national security.
* Incumbent will be required to have Secret Clearance.
* Incumbent may be directed to perform other duties as needed and directed by the Assistant Project Manager or Project Manager.
* Incumbent will oversee a small HVAC staff and be responsible for submitting Payroll and other various items.
* Incumbent will be responsible for weekly Safety meetings.
* Must possess a CFC and a Journeyman s License. Master HVAC license is desired.
At least 3-6 years experience HVAC experience in operations, maintenance, and repair of refrigeration and AC equipment.
Minimum 4 years experience working on a government facilities maintenance contract desired.
Must have skill and technical ability to interpret to complete installations and repairs as required to minimize down-time.
Must have working knowledge of other trades such as: Sheet metal, fire dampers, zone control, airflow volume, plumbing systems, steam supply, electrical circuits, solenoids, transformers, timers, etc.
Must be proficient in all types of soldering and brazing techniques.
Must be well versed in various test equipment.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/Vet/Disabled