Lead Java Developer - Ecommerce
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/5/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
The LEAD JAVA DEVELOPER IN ECOMMERCE is responsible for programming and analysis functions as a member of an excellent web applications team. Programming tasks will generally be directed to a wide variety of development projects including websites as well as client/server, stand-alone, or web based applications. Develop, build, and modify code used on company web platforms. Analyze user needs to implement and develop technical solutions to support the business needs of the organization. May integrate Web sites with other computer applications.
Design, build, or maintain web sites, using authoring or scripting languages, content creation tools, management tools, and digital media.
Evaluate code to ensure that it is valid, is properly structured, meets industry standards and is compatible with browsers, devices, or operating systems.
Analyze user needs to determine technical requirements. Develop or validate test routines and schedules to ensure that test cases mimic external interfaces and address all browser and device types.
Confer with management or development teams to prioritize needs, resolve conflicts, develop content criteria, or choose solutions.
Identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback, and correct problems or refer problems to appropriate personnel for correction.
Maintain understanding of current web technologies or programming practices through continuing education, reading, or participation in professional conferences, workshops, or groups.
* Proficient with Java and JEE (Java Enterprise Edition) in an eCommerce environment is critical.
* Proficient with testing (Test and/or Behavior Driven Development)
* Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills required.
* Familiarity with Agile development practices is a plus
* Familiarity with functional and/or integration testing tools or frameworks is a plus
* Proficient with relational database principles and SQL; Oracle a plus.
* Spring Framework required.
* Dynamic languages is a plus
* Strong verbal and written communication skills required.
* Must be able to provide and translate an understanding of technical projects to coworkers with non-technical backgrounds.
* Ability to manage multiple tasks and adhere to deadlines with shifting priorities required.
* Ability to work independently and within a team environment required.
* Strong organization skills required.
* Project management and team leadership skills a plus.
* Microsoft Windows and Office product proficiency required.