Lead Java/J2EE Developer (Must be local)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 11/3/2016
NTT Data Inc
Eden Prairie, MN
NTT DATA, Inc., a top 10 global IT services company, has an immediate need for a Lead Java Developer to support our client in Eden Prairie, MN (MUST BE CURRENTLY LOCAL TO MINNESOTA). This is a contract to hire opportuntity and interview mode is in-person.
To apply for this position, please follow the link below or send your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org, 732-362-2580.
* Lead the technology as a senior member of the software engineer team, as part of an Agile scrum team assigned to work on the project
* Designs, codes, tests, debug, and documents software, and enhance existing components to ensure that software meets business needs
* Contribute to the design and architecture to enable secure, scalable, and maintainable software and should be able to clearly articulate the implications of
* design/architectural decisions, issues and plans to technology leadership
* Provide hands-on leadership, coaching, mentoring, and software engineering best practices to junior software engineers
* Develop reusable patterns and encourage innovation that will enable team velocity
* Collaborate on the design with other team members and product owners, both inside and outside the scrum team
* Estimate engineering work effort for engineering team and effectively identify and prioritize the high impact tasks
* Conduct design and code reviews to ensure code developed meets coding best practices guidelines, unit testing, security, and scalability and maintainability guidelines
* Drive a quality mindset within the team
* 6+ years Java/J2EE experience
* Strong hands-on experience with Java EE or spring framework
* Strong experience of one or more ORM technologies (like Hibernate, JPA, or similar)
* Demonstrated success in building design patterns and software engineering best practices
* Experience with automated unit testing technologies (Such as JUnit, Spock, or similar)
* Good understanding of SQL, relational database modeling and design
* BS Degree in Computer Science or related experience
* 2+ years of experience as a lead developer or leading a team of Java developers
* Experience with commercial software development and/or healthcare industry experience
* Sound understanding of core OOPS as well as JEE Design patterns as well as their implementation in real world applications
* Experience with Agile Methodology
* Experience with XML/JSON and developing SOAP and REST services using Apache CXF or a comparable framework.
* Experience with Java Messaging
* Strong experience in projects requiring application re-engineering, modernization
* Experience with Maven
* Experience with Groovy
Employee Assistance Program
*benefits are available only to W2 contractors
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.
U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor at this time.