Lead Licensed Clinical Counselor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTracking Code
CHSi is accepting resumes for qualified candidates for the Lead Licensed Clinical Counselor position. The Lead Licensed Clinical Counselor is primary Point of Contact and shift lead for Counselors for a shelter for youths ages 13-17. CHSi is proud to offer this work in support of an important government contract, offering full-time schedules at this site for a period of approximately 90 days.
***Bilingual in Spanish and English Required
* Active License in the state which duty station is located.
* Master s Degree in social work (MSW), psychology, sociology or other relevant behavioral science in which clinical experience is a program requirement
* Experience with young adults ages 13-17.
* Bilingual in Spanish.
* 2-3 years supervisory experience preferred.
* Must have clinical assessment experience, preferably in trauma and suicidal ideation.
* Licensed in the state where services are provided Clean criminal background check.
* Clean Child Abuse and Neglect (CAN) or child protective services check.
* Primary POC and shift lead for Counselors performing work in an shelter environment.
* Conduct and document mental health assessments for all children, mostly ages 13-17.
* Screen for trauma, child abuse including sexual abuse and human trafficking concerns
* Screen for risk of harm to self or others, recommend appropriate isolation or referral as needed
* Provide crisis intervention as needed
* Assess need for higher level of mental health care, including outside referral
* Consult with medical personnel to coordinate care
* Report significant incidents according to policies and procedures
* Coordinate with case managers and ongoing clinicians regarding reunification of youth with their parent or other caregiver
* Document all contact with children in database according to policies and procedures
* Performs duties in a safe manner. Follows the corporate safety policy. Participates and supports safety meetings, training and goals. Ensures safe operating conditions within area of responsibility. Encourages co-workers to work safely. Identifies close calls and/or safety concerns to supervisory personnel. Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
* Assists in active implementation of company initiatives to ensure compliance with OSHA VPP, ISO, JCAHO, AAAHC, and other mandated regulations/standards.
* May serve on the OSHA VPP, Safety, and Wellness Committees.
* Proficiency with computer and common office equipment, as well as with MS Office products required.
* Must be able to multi-task, be detail-oriented, be organized, and have excellent oral and written communication skills.
Comprehensive Health Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, gender identity, and sexual orientation, and other statuses protected by law.