This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONDESCRIPTION/JOB SUMMARY
Martera Inc., a subsidiary of PITT OHIO, a high service transportation solutions provider offering SUPPLY CHAIN, GROUND, LTL and TRUCKLOAD services is seeking a Lead Mechanic with tractor and trailer repair experience at our Chicago IL Terminal.
Top rate paid to qualified candidates up to $32.98 including incentives.
PITT OHIO has received countless safety, service, and carrier of the year awards and our highly acclaimed Safety Department is a leader in the transportaion industry. Dedication to quality and excellence is our goal at PITT OHIO.
We offer competitive wages, hospital/medical insurance with no monthly premiums or deductibles, vision, discount prescription, dental, 401K, profit sharing, paid vacations, pleasant work environment, and much more!
To navigate to the PITT OHIO Career Center and apply for this position, please go to pittohio.balancetrak.com
* Oversee, delegate and schedule daily tasks for line mechanics
* Estimate job costs for major work
* Order, ship & receive parts to maintain shop inventories
* Coordinate with Shop Operations Supervisors movement of units to other facilities for repair
* Maintain preventive maintenance schedule for domiciled equipment
* Review & oversee record keeping functions for shop in computer system
* Communicate with office staff regarding various issues in shop
* Troubleshoot/repair diesel engines and components
* Maintain and control inventory levels in shop
* Train new hires on shop functions
* React to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned
* Work independently with minimal supervision
* High School Gradute or GED
* Minimum Class B CDL
* Completion of recognized apprenticeship in auto/diesel mechanic trade and/or equivalent work experience
* Knowledge of methods, materials, tools and techniques used in the repair and maintenance of mechanical equipment
* Command of English language to communicate effectively with internal and external customer
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
* Minimal Travel. Weekend and night hours occasionally required.
* Overtime may be required during peak periods.
* Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force frequently.
* Subject to both environmental conditions: activities occur inside and outside. Outside work may be in extreme weather conditions.
* The general office enviornment is generally favorable. Lighting and temeperature are adquate, and there are minimal hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Enviornment includes co-workers talking on the phone within close proximity.
* Subject to: standing, climbing, stooping, kneeling, crouching and reaching particularly for sustained periods of time.
* Subject to noise: there is sufficient noise to cause the worker to shout in order to be heard above the ambient noise level.
* Subject to hazards: includes a variety of physical working conditions, such as proximity to moving mechanical parts, moving vehicles, and exposure to chemicals.
* Subject to atmospheric conditions: one or more of the following conditions that affect the respiratory system of the skin: Fumes, odors, dusts, mists and gases.
* Subject to standing for particularly for sustained periods of time.
* The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: operate machines and motor vehicles.
* The worker is required to have visual acuity to perform an activity such as: visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication of parts at distances close to the eye; and regular use of items including a computer screen or monitor.
* Manual dexterity is regularly required including fingering, grasping, and typing; manual dexterity includes repetitive motion of the wrists, hands, and fingers.
MARTERA is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, religion or other legally protected status.
To navigate to the PITT OHIO Career Center and apply for this position, please go to pittohio.balancetrak.com.