This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Waste Pro, USA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY *
Diagnoses mechanical problems and performs repairs and maintenance on all equipment to maximize safe and productive operations. Reviews and completes repairs identified on DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report) and/or repair orders.
Communication with managers/drivers as to issues with vehicles and discusses preventative techniques that may minimize future repairs.
Completes all required paperwork in a timely and concise manner.
Follows all safety policies and procedures
Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs.
Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
Waste Pro is one of this country's fastest growing privately owned solid waste collection, recycling, processing and disposal companies, operating in eight southeastern states. Serving more than 1.8 million customers from over 70 operating locations, Waste Pro USA is headquartered in Longwood, Florida and maintains more than 167 exclusive municipal contracts and franchises. We are currently seeking mechanics to help us keep our fleet of vehicles up to Waste Pro standards.
Knowledge of all maintenance and repair techniques
May make road calls or perform test drives, so a valid driver's license and a clean driving record are necessary. Able to hold and maintain a valid CDL license, if required.
Mechanical or trade school certification, if required
Knowledge of all tools required to perform repairs and maintenance on vehicles
Special Considerations/Physical Work Requirements:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Exposure to chemical and residential waste.
* Walking, Jogging, Twisting, Crouching, Lifting
* Sufficient stamina for steady work pace throughout the day
* Able to utilize all Personal Protective Equipment as mandated by company
* Physically able to get up and down from the cab of a commercial motor vehicle between 50 and 100 times a da
* Physically able to lift 50 to 75 pounds from the floor to waist height unassisted
* Physically able to lift 50 pounds from the floor to shoulder height unassisted
* Physically able to lift 50 pounds form the floor to overhead unassisted
* Physically able to push and pull 50 pounds unassisted
* Physically able to frequently (100-200 times) bend at the knees and waist
* Physically able to frequently (100-200 times) reach over your head or reach out with extended arms to perform work
* Physically able to frequently (100-200 times) twist at the waist to perform work
* Physically able to work in extreme temperatures and weather environments (road calls)
* Normal setting for this job is: Inside and Outside with occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.