Lead Mechanic -Night Shift
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
Waste Pro, USA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Performs preventative maintenance, run inspections, diagnostics tests, and repairs a variety of vehicles and equipment.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Diagnoses advanced mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic/pneumatic problems, including chassis and body issues, and performs repairs and maintenance on all equipment to maximize safe and productive operations. Reviews and completes repairs identified on DVIR (Driver Vehicle Inspection Report) and/or repair orders.
2. Perform repairs and maintenance on Heavy Duty Equipment, including but not limited to Rear Load, Front Load, Roll Off, Grapple, Port-a-let, and other service type trucks including chassis and body.
3. Road test vehicles to diagnose problems and confirm completed repairs.
4. Perform Emergency Road calls to repair trucks and or arrange towing when they cannot be repaired onsite.
5. Communication with managers/drivers as to issues with vehicles and discusses preventative techniques that may minimize future repairs.
6. Completes all required paperwork / computer data entry, including documenting parts usage and time in and out on repair orders, in a timely and concise manner.
7. Follows all safety policies and procedures.
8. Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
9. Utilizes vehicle computer electronics systems to interpret failure modes to initiate or assign repairs which may include use of a Diagnostic Laptop for troubleshooting both chassis and body issues.
10. Conducts repairs utilizing Factory Service Manuals.
11. Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
12. Performs all other duties as assigned.
13. Maintain high standard of Ethics and Dependability.
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Employees in this job classification must attend and participate in corporation sponsored training courses as assigned.
* Employees in this job classification are responsible for keeping up to date on current technology, as job appropriate, being used by Waste Pro USA.
* Any additional job duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor.
* Normal setting for this job is: Inside and Outside with occasional exposure to extreme weather conditions.
* Knowledge of all maintenance and repair techniques
* Ability to make road calls or perform test drives, so a valid driver's license and a clean driving record is a qualification.
* Able to hold and maintain a valid CDL license, preferred
* Mechanical or trade school certification, Master Mechanic Certification through ASE program preferred
* Knowledge of all tools required to perform repairs and maintenance on vehicles
* Computer skills as required
Special Considerations/Physical Work Requirements:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
* Exposure to chemical and residential waste.
* Walking, Jogging, Twisting, Crouching, Lifting
* Sufficient stamina for steady work pace throughout the day
* Able to utilize all Personal Protective Equipment as mandated by company
* Physically able to get up and down from the cab of a commercial motor vehicle between 50 and 100 times a da
* Physically able to lift 50 to 75 pounds from the floor to waist height unassisted
* Physically able to lift 50 pounds from the floor to shoulder height unassisted
* Physically able to lift 50 pounds form the floor to overhead unassisted
* Physically able to push and pull 50 pounds unassisted
* Physically able to frequently (100-200 times) bend at the knees and waist
* Physically able to frequently (100-200 times) reach over your head or reach out with extended arms to perform work
* Physically able to frequently (100-200 times) twist at the waist to perform work
* Physically able to work in extreme temperatures and weather environments (road calls)
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled.