Lead Mechanical Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/15/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
New Milford, CT
JOB DESCRIPTIONLead Mechanical Engineer
North Atlantic Consumer Products - Family Care / New Milford, CT at Kimberly-Clark
Organization Description: For more than a century people around the world have chosen Kimberly-Clark family care brands for value and performance. Our products include Kleenex, Cottonelle, Scott, and Viva.
Lead Mechanical Engineer
Requisition No. 756349
Currently, we are seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer to support Family Care manufacturing projects in New Milford, CT.
Mechanical Engineers at Kimberly-Clark initiate design, develop, optimize, and problem solve manufacturing processes in a manner that meets safety, quality, and operational performance expectations. The Mechanical Engineer for this role will provide leadership and creativity in the design, development, optimization, and problem solving for facial tissue manufacturing and converting processes.
Candidates are recognized for understanding the application of technology and the ability to effectively interface with a broad range of team members. The incumbent reports to Senior Engineering Manager at the New Milford Mill and receives direction in the form general project objectives. Key customers include: Project Leaders, Research & Engineering (R&E), World Class Product Supply (WCPS), Maintenance, and Mill Operations.
* Lead single or multiple product or process improvement projects with a financial scope of up to $10 million from conception through commercialization.
* Provide functional leadership and creativity in the initiation of design, development, and optimization of tissue and/or towel converting and manufacturing equipment and processes to meet unit objectives.
* Develop knowledge and skills to be recognized for expertise and functional leadership of the application of engineering principles, scientific analysis, and project management.
* Carry out all job responsibilities in a safe manner. Develop equipment and processes that meet safety codes, policies and guidelines. Provide for the safety and well-being of operators, maintenance, and other personnel.
* Seeks, recognizes, defines and solves problems to achieve unique objectives. Identify complex technical issues and provide necessary solutions to eliminate root cause.
* Assist in the development of others within their area of expertise.
* Requires a minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Mechanical Engineering Technology degree from an accredited college or university. Candidates with an Associate, Bachelor, or advanced degree in a relevant scientific discipline and possessing applicable experience may also be considered.
* Requires a minimum of 4 years of experience in a variety of technical and/or operational assignments in a manufacturing environment.
* A demonstrated ability to work independently or as part of a team while providing task oriented direction to others in order to complete projects within required timeframes.
* Specific, in depth technical knowledge and expertise in tissue and/or towel converting and manufacturing.
* Up to 15 years of experience in a variety of plant and staff assignments, including maintenance and operations.
* Familiarity with machine installations and startups.
* Experience working with external technical service providers.
* Experience and expertise with Kimberly-Clark engineering procedures and processes.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
Kimberly-Clark and its well-known global brands are an indispensable part of life for people in more than 150 countries. Every day, 1.3 billion people - nearly a quarter of the world's population - trust K-C brands and the solutions they provide to enhance their health, hygiene, and well-being. With brands such as Kleenex, Scott, Huggies, Pull-Ups, Kotex, and Depend, Kimberly-Clark holds No.1 or No. 2 share positions in more than 80 countries. With a 135-year history of innovation, we believe in recruiting the best people and putting them in the right jobs so that they can do their best work. If fresh thinking and a passion to win inspire you, come Unleash Your Power at Kimberly-Clark.
Kimberly-Clark is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
K-C requires that an employee have authorization to work in the country in which the role is based. In the event an applicant does not have current work authorization, K-C will determine, in its sole discretion, whether to sponsor an individual for work authorization. However, based on immigration requirements, not all roles are suitable for sponsorship.
Global VISA and Relocation Specifications: This role is available for local candidates already authorized to work in the role's country only. K-C will not provide relocation support outside of country. This role is available for in-country relocation only.
Primary Location USA-CT-New Milford
Worker Type Employee
Worker Sub-Type Regular
Time Type Full time