This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/25/2016
Los Angeles, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Tracking Code
Under the direct supervision of the Shift Supervisor, The mixer lead is responsible for assigning and organizing duties to mixers. Oversees mixing process, verifies recipes, ensures dough, sponge and starter quality. The Lead Mixer promotes safe working habits and enforces company GMP policies
* Assigns all workstations and duties for mixers.
* Maintains schedules of sponges and starter feeding times as instructed.
* Oversees dough preparation and mixing techniques.
* Checks dough presses for accuracy.
* Checks dough yield and final dough temperatures to ensure accuracy and consistency.
* Communicates with bench leader and bakers regarding scheduling of breads for the day for that shift.
* Oversees the maintenance and storage of all supplies.
* Prepares labels as instructed using a grease pencil.
* Oversees housekeeping of the mixing area
* Checks dough production information sheets to ensure all information is recorded as requested.
* May perform other duties as required.
* Works to maintain and improve on the quality, legality and safety of each product and the processes used in their manufacture.
* Responsible for keeping assigned work area clean and tidy at all times and reporting any potential contamination and suspicious activity to a Supervisor immediately.
Skills / Abilities / Requirements:
Understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
Work cooperatively with subordinates.
Basic arithmetic (add, subtract, divide, and multiply).
Traditional and classical bread shapes, dough cutters and knives.
Applications and operations of equipment machines use in mixing.
Housekeeping / Safety:
Performs housekeeping and maintenance tasks to keep the area clean, organized and safe. These include but are not limited to: (a) wiping and washing equipment, tools, and containers, tables and dollies; (b) scraping, sweeping, mopping of floors; and (c) trash removal.
The following physical activities are performed on a regular or continuous basis throughout the time an employee is working.
Standing / Walking
These functions require the employee to be standing or walking 100% of the time.
Lifting / Carrying / Twisting / Bending / Stooping
The employee is expected to carry, twist, bend, and stoop in conjunction with frequent lifting between 10-50 pounds of dough with the aid of co-workers.
Pushing / Pulling
With the aid of co-workers, the employee is expected to frequently push / pull proofing racks with product, containers on wheels from 10 to 50 pounds approximately 15 to 20 feet.
Handling / Fingering / Feeling
Hand and finger movement is required frequently to shape dough and handle cutting tools.
Exposure to Temperature Changes
This occurs frequently when retrieving product from the walk in cooler.
Seeing / Speaking / Hearing
This position requires an employee to have adequate communicating and observational skills due to the operation of timers, thermostats and cutting tools. These requirements are for the safety of the employee and co-workers. These requirements are also necessary for counting activities, collecting and distributing tools and supplies to staff members.
Head / Neck Movement
Frequent flexing, extending and turning the neck is required.
Education and Experience
Previous experience in a mixing and/or baking environment preferred
Los Angeles, California, United States
We are an equal opportunity employer.
Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color or any other protected class.