Lead Motor Design Engineer - Electromagnetics 9/3/2016
Benton Harbor, MI
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY TOP REASONS TO WORK FOR MY CLIENT:
* Do you want to work with the number one major appliance manufacturer in the world
* Do you want to a breathtaking vacation community on 40 miles of Lake Michigan beachfront, where swimming, sailing, kayaking, waterskiing, boating, and beach volleyball are abundant
* Do you want to have a position where you have autonomy and an awesome work environment
* Do you want to work with stable growing company
* Do you want to work with a company that plays host to a variety of employee resource groups, including a Young Professionals Network - a group of more than 700 local members who are active in corporate social responsibility commitments like Habitat for Humanity, Cook for the Cure, United Way, Boys and Girls Club, and other social activities
* Would you like to work with a manager that is well respected and liked by his team
IF YOU ANSWERED YES, LETS TALK!
TITLE: Lead Motor Design Engineer - Electromagnetics
LOCATION: Ben Harbour, MI
JOB TYPE: Full Time (Direct hire)
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
* Work with Electronics and Electrical Systems (EES) Drive Technology Leader, EES Integrators and Platform Integrators to design, develop and deliver motor drive solutions into platforms to achieve attribute and product performance targets.
* Participate in and/or lead the electromagnetic design of assigned projects.
* Projects will include permanent magnet motors and/or induction motors and other electromagnetic devices.
* Use commercial design software to perform lumped parameter calculations, as well as Finite Element Analysis (FEA) as necessary.
* Provide basic technical guidance for thermal analysis, structural analysis and NVH analysis.
* Interact closely with other design functions, including mechanical and design/drafting
* Translate technical / sub-system targets into module / component targets.
* Drive component / module trade-offs to achieve optimum performance vs cost vs schedule.
* Directly owns and contributes to motor design elements and performance attributes (electro-magnetics) including design for manufacturability.
* Project management of project(s) including FMEA, DVP&R, project schedule, risk mitigation plan, supplier coordination, etc.
* As appropriate, owns test-to-learn process, data collection and analysis of results.
* Aligns current capability of architecture, supply base, manufacturing, customer solutions to attribute targets (Project KPIs).
* Accountable for creation of libraries, capture and reuse of knowledge.
EXPERIENCE YOU WILL NEED:
* Bachelors degree: Electrical Engineering
* 5+ years of industry experience related to electromagnetic principles and analyses, and in particular, the magnetic structure and relationships of electrical motors and machines.
* Able to perform electromagnetic design analyses and calculations using electromagnetic fundamentals and FEA commercial software (ANSYS, etc.).
* Strong motor design experience with materials knowledge in magnet and magnetic properties strongly preferred.
* Excellent teamwork, project management, and communication skills (both verbal and written) required.
* PhD in Electrical Engineering
* Proficiency with FMEA, DVP&R, Lean PD, OPEX, A3s
* Project Management competency
* Ability to work cross-functionally and globally
Our client asked me to submit 3 great people within the next few days. We work directly with the hiring manager and can arrange interviews within a few days.