Lead Non-Physician Provider- Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
UT Soutwestern University Medical Center
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Full/Part Time/PRN: Full-Time
This position is security-sensitive and subject to Texas Education Code 51.215, which authorizes UT Southwestern to obtain criminal history record information
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Masters degree in nursing, or related field, and documentation of completion of an accredited Advanced Practice education program. Three (3) years of clinical experience as an Advance Practice Nurse/Nurse Practitioner, and current licensure as a Registered Nurse by the Board of Nurse Examiners for the State of Texas, required. Prior supervisory experience strongly preferred. OR,
Masters degree/graduate of an ARC-PA accredited Physician Assistant Program. NCCPA Certification required. Three (3) years of clinical experience as a Physician Assistant, and current Texas Physician Assistant License, required. Prior supervisory experience strongly preferred.
Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification, accredited by the American Heart Association (AHA), is required.
1. Oversees and schedules inpatient and outpatient Advanced Practice Provider (APP) coverage. Generate APP specific data surrounding the performance and productivity of supervised staff. Reviews current optimization of APP staff, and identifies opportunities for future utilization.
2. Reports observed APP events affecting quality, safety, access, productivity, and/or cost-effectiveness. Discusses any identified barriers to providing optimal care.
3. Contributes to the development, implementation and evaluation of quality improvement initiatives pertaining to the APPs within the clinical program. Reports progress of autonomy for less-experienced APPs. Conducts annual performance evaluations of APP staff, in conjunction with division chief and faculty.
4. Conducts regular division meetings with APP staff to identify barriers to patient care, and lead discussions to develop resolutions to such barriers. Reviews meeting results with advanced practice leadership, division chief and/or faculty, as appropriate.
5. In the clinical setting, will provide diagnostic and therapeutic management of patients within their scope of practice, licensure and privileges.
6. Accurately and efficiently collects historical and physical data, synthesizes information to diagnose, develop plan of care and amend care accordingly.
7. Provides follow-up and health maintenance care to patients in accordance with scope of practice and supervising practice agreement.
8. Maintains complete and accurate records of contacts with patients whether in person or by telephone.
9. Promotes APP participation in division and institutional continuing medical education opportunities.
Performs other duties as assigned.
**Other Duties: Performs other duties as assigned.
To the extent provided by applicable law, no person shall be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or be subject to discrimination under any program or activity sponsored or conducted by The University of Texas System or any of its component institutions, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disability..