Lead Operating Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/15/2016
END DATE 10/19/2016
Jones Lang Lasalle
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Title
Lead Operating Engineer
Auto Req ID
The Lead Engineer is responsible for the supervision and administration of operations in the designated areas. This person is charged with effectively executing maintenance and repairs of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems. The Lead Engineer will safely provide superior client service and timely professional response to the needs of the tenants and the client. The Lead Engineer is also responsible for protecting and enhancing the value of the owner s assets and ensuring that building systems operate efficiently.
* Manage administrative functions related to the maintenance team.
* Ensure compliance with all local codes and regulations.
* Assist Chief Engineer in personnel management and training.
* Monitor team productivity.
* Assist the property manager in annual budget preparation, energy accounting, and productivity.
* Assist in the management of capital projects.
* Assist the chief engineer and property manager in the successful completion of an annual operations audit.
* Assist Chief Engineer insuring properties are operationally covered on a 24/7 basis.
* Respond to and delegate to team work orders, perform preventative maintenance and assist in day-to-day operations.
* Ensure timely response to system or equipment failures.
* Assist the Chief Engineer in the implementation and ongoing review of emergency procedures.
* Coordinate with site maintenance contractors and other team members during extreme weather conditions.
* Ensure that life-safety and emergency systems are tested and inspected in compliance with all applicable codes.
* Ensure that all life-safety and emergency systems are fully operational at all times.
IMPLEMENTATION OF MAINTENANCE SYSTEMS AND STANDARDS
* Maintain team standards for uniforms and appearance
* Establish training goals for self and team.
Develop a complete personal knowledge of all building equipment and systems so that:
* Equipment life is maximized
* Design intent is matched or exceeded
* System operation alternatives and contingency plans are devised in the event of system or equipment failure
* Ensure that tenant satisfaction with system performance is consistently high
* Provide insight and advice on system upgrades and improvements
* Scheduling, performing and delegating to team preventive maintenance tasks with minimum disruption of building services.
* Coordinating the input and output of the Preventive Maintenance system with Chief Engineer
* Analyzing preventive maintenance log data in order to formulate more efficient operating procedure
* Professional Interaction:
* Recognize the authority and objectives of the client.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
* Technical School Graduate in electrical or mechanical discipline or corresponding job experience.
* System/equipment experience should include evaporative cooling towers, package units/split systems to 60 tons, low pressure steam boilers, hot water boilers, condensing boilers, water treatment systems, life safety systems and building automation systems and back-up generators.
* Operating experience in a laboratory setting is a plus.
* 7 years of experience in the maintenance and operation of commercial/industrial properties with 2 of those years in a supervisory capacity.
CERTIFICATION AND LICENSES
* Certification as Universal Technician for CFC s.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
* Conduct all activities in a businesslike, competent, and professional manner.
* Interact with contractors, vendors, and consultants in an unbiased, objective, and ethical manner.
* Comply with all policies and procedures established by the client.
* Minimum Experience and Qualifications
* Strong communication and leadership skills required, along with demonstrated abilities to prioritize, multi-task and see projects through to completion.
* Experience with Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Outlook) required, experience with electronic work order systems a plus.
Start a lasting career with JLL today!
Total Rewards reflects JLL s investment in employees needs and preferences in Career, Recognition, Well-being, Benefits and Pay. We offer a competitive salary and benefits package. To be considered, please visit our Web site at http://www.us.jll.com/united-states/en-us/pages/careers.aspx to apply online. All resumes MUST BE submitted via our web site. Please reference Job 43954BR
Org Marketing Statement
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $5.2 billion and gross revenue of $6.0 billion, JLL has more than 280 corporate offices, operates in more than 80 countries and has a global workforce of more than 60,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 4.0 billion square feet, or 372 million square meters, and completed $138 billion in sales, acquisitions and finance transactions in 2015. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $59.1 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
JLL is focused on winning in the marketplace and being the industry leader, executing better than anyone else and innovating to create great products and services. We operate in an atmosphere of excellence, integrity, respect and trust. We bring a sense of teamwork, inclusion and diversity in everything we pursue. Our clients see the results as we address their needs, solve their problems and bring new ideas.
As a distinguished market leader, we offer challenging career opportunities in an exciting environment. Our future success as a firm depends on our ability to attract, develop and retain the very best people in the business.
Our values define who we are, underscore our commitment to clients and provide direction for everything we do.
Our unique culture has been recognized by industry experts and our peers. We are:
A best company to work for in multiple locations around the globe, including Chicago, San Francisco, London, Ireland, Shanghai and Hong Kong
World s Most Ethical Companies from Ethisphere Institute for seven consecutive years
America s 100 Most Trustworthy Companies from Forbes Magazine
#1 Top Corporate Real Estate Firm 2013 from Watkins Research Group, Inc. for six consecutive years
This partial list of awards demonstrates our record of achievement and our commitment to fostering an award-winning culture. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
Information Security Statement
Employees are expected, at all times, to perform their responsibilities in accordance with the JLL Code of Business Ethics and the firm s corporate policies. Employees granted access to the firm s information technology are expected to follow the firm s guidance designed to promote best practices for information security, data privacy and the appropriate use of technology systems.
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce, and strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship. Please visit www.JLL.com for additional information on JLL s commitment to equal opportunity.