Lead Oracle DBA
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
CSG Systems, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY 11144 Lead Oracle DBA (Open)
SW - Development - Vantage
CSG International's Vantage Software Development Team is currently hiring a Lead Oracle DBA. The team is made of highly motivated individuals that represent some of the best talent in the industry. This team is committed to continuous improvement in how software is developed and it hires likeminded individuals that thrive in such an environment.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
* Develop, maintain and support an Oracle DB ODS (operational data store) and the ETL processing to produce the Vantage product. Data sources include zOS mainframe QSAM, VSAM and DB2, DB2 LUW, Oracle and SQL Server.
* Highly skilled in organizing and prioritizing large workload including development and maintenance under change management.
* Be the source of basic understanding of all Vantage processing including SQL Server and other sources.
* Provide database technical expertise and direction for development team members and external contacts.
* Develop new processes and modify existing processes including problem ticket research and resolution.
* Produce implementation plans and tasks for small project installation and database fixes.
* Work within a cross functional Agile team to develop new components in a highly iterative fashion. Involves close collaboration with product owners, QA, and operational teams.
* Work effectively with client support and implementation partners to resolve application issues.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a technically related field or equivalent experience.
* 5+ years of experience in Oracle database development
* Key skill requirements for this role include: Linux, ksh scripting, Oracle, PL/SQL, Oracle Utilities, Oracle RAC, Exadata 2, and database performance concepts with emphasis on transform and load and parallel processing.
* Exposure to Automation tools such as bladelogic would seen as a plus
* Unit testing skills in a large DB environment would be seen as a plus
* Experience working with Microsoft development tools and a desire to learn more
* Experience with Oracle Replication using materialized views.
* Beneficial skills include: CDC (Change Data Capture), DataStage, Oracle Backup/Recovery and Performance Tuning.