Lead Payroll Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONLEAD PAYROLL ANALYST
A career with AAA Northern California, Nevada and Utah is unique, just like you.
We're a mission-driven Member services organization. We have a saying here at AAA that we aspire to be _America's most trusted organization absolutely famous for doing the right thing_. With more than four million Members, our purpose is to bring peace of mind to Members so that they can enjoy life more.
We work hard to create an environment where you can thrive and where you use your skills and talents to help us deliver legendary Member service. You'll help have a positive impact on the diverse communities we serve, too.
Our Lead Payroll Analyst will manage a team of professionals or para-professionals to ensure that the organization's payroll is processed accurately and on time. Activities of the team may include accounting, distributing and preparing payments, benefits, taxes, and payroll deductions; calculating overtime, shift payments, sales commissions, and bonuses; maintaining payroll records. Coach and mentor team members and assign tasks to ensure that the team's resources are used effectively. Respond to more complex, escalated inquiries from team members and check the work of others to ensure that the payroll is processed accurately.
- Lead the year-end payroll process resulting in the distribution of employee annual W-2 and T4 tax statements
- Ensure 3rd party vendor is compliant and timely with all tax filings
- Monitor changes in the law which impact payroll practices, policies and procedures
- Oversee the payroll department's execution of the day-to-day processing of payroll, which will include reviewing data used in the payroll process, review of time transactions, running payroll, auditing payroll results, correcting errors, and distributing payroll
- Analyze payroll data and reports to ensure efficient, effective, compliant processing of payroll and taxes
- Resolve complex payroll questions/problems for employees and business units
- Identify and implement payroll related process improvements
- Serve as the payroll department's subject matter expert for all items related to payroll in the Workday system payroll including downstream impacts of payroll results to benefit and vendor integration.
- Partner with HRIS and Benefit teams to provide system requirements to ensure payroll changes resulting from enhancements, Workday releases, and other changes are thoroughly tested.
- Interface with business partners to ensure compliance with country and local laws and regulations
_SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE_
-Workday experience required
-Knowledge of payroll laws and regulations for all states in which company operates (currently CA, NV, UT)
- Proficient with Google mail for business
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships and collaborate with employees at all levels within the organization
- Excellent organizational skills and a strong attention to detail
- Strong judgment and decision making capabilities
- Ability to adapt to a continually changing business and work environment and manage multiple priorities and deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong process management skills
-Bachelor's Degreerequired in Finance, Human Resources or other applicable function
-5years experience in lead payroll role
We'll value your skills and experience. We're building a performance organization with heart and developing a pipeline of tomorrow's leaders. Your work will be enhanced with training opportunities, a mentoring program and our Promote-from-within philosophy. We celebrate our diversity and leverage the power of many minds.