Lead Payroll Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 11/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONMore information about this job
Under the general direction of the Payroll Manager, coordinates and performs a variety of duties necessary to process multi-state payroll for over 1900 employees. Responsible for completing quarterly and yearly multi-state tax reports. Excellent verbal and writing skills are required to consult with employees, supervisors/managers and outside agencies. Must comprehend and exchange information which may be technical, complex, or sensitive in nature. The Lead Payroll Specialist is a key contributor with coordination efforts and actual work results impacting the accuracy, reliability, and acceptability of further results beyond the immediate department. Expected to function with minimum guidance or direction in accordance policies and procedures
* Provides direction and assistance to department staff regarding payroll processes. Coordinates the workload of the Payroll department.
* Performs all the duties of a Payroll Specialist which include the input, maintenance and research of data in Ceridian Dayforce.
* Assist with year-end activities, supplemental payrolls and W2s.
* Develops and maintains written documentation regarding payroll procedures and processes necessary for reference and training materials.
* Serve as back-up support to Payroll Manager, coordinates the daily payroll activities and functions to ensure timely and accurate operations.
* Provides, guidance, insight and training to Payroll Specialist.
* Comply with the record keeping and retention guidelines.
* Performs other related duties or projects as assigned.
* Bachelor s degree or equivalent training and education, business or related area is required.
* Three to five years of progressive work experience in complex payroll processing with quarterly and/or annual payroll tax reporting responsibilities.
* Requires the knowledge of basic accounting principles with an understanding of payroll processing, tax withholding, and mathematical calculations.
* Working knowledge of Ceridian Dayforce is preferred.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills; detail oriented; and able to apply complex salary and compensation calculations in processing payroll.
* Ability to analyze and interpret data for accuracy.
* Good interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead, train, and coordinate the work of others.
* Must be proficient in use of computers, including familiarity with spreadsheets.