Lead Person- Production
The responsibilities described here are representative of those an employee performs to successfully complete the essential functions of this job; however, this is not a comprehensive listing of all tasks that may be assigned or required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The duties include all those associated with a Technician-Equipment position, plus the following:
* Act as Auxiliary-department supervisor in Supervisor Manufacturing s absence.
* Assist with the set-up and operation of department equipment and tools.
* Assist with entering operating parameters and other data on computer controlled equipment, if any.
* Organize and complete job paperwork and other administrative tasks, as needed.
* Stage materials and supplies, as needed.
* Assist in performing daily routine and preventive maintenance of department equipment and tools.
* Ensure Auxiliary-department employees function as a team; perform duties in a safe, efficient and expeditious manner; follow approved processes and procedures; and collaboratively interact with other departments.
* Train new employees.
* Assist in cross-training of personnel.
* Hold daily and weekly safety meetings.
* Receive instructions and assignments from Supervisor and transmit them to department employees.
* Help to expeditiously and safely solve work-related problems, equipment and process malfunctions, and material availability.
* Inspect packages, processes and test results for conformance to applicable specifications and work instructions.
* Continuously monitor and assess department processes and procedures from the perspective of efficiency, productivity, safety and quality.
* Ensure that the department operational and contiguous areas are maintained in a clean, orderly and safe condition.
* Promote and follow the 5S system.
* Shuttle cars
* Overhead crane.
* Oxy. fuel cutting torch.
* Torque wrench.
* Small and large hand tools.
* Impact wrenches.
* Tubing benders.
The requirements described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The minimum qualifications required include, but may not be limited to, the following:
* At least 2-years experience in a similar manufacturing/fabrication environment.
* Perform all functions of a Hydro III.
* Ability to lead a team and maintain a team-oriented environment.
* Ability to teach, train, assess, counsel and mentor others.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
* High School Diploma and/or GED.
* Related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience
* We are an EEO employer for Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons & Protected Veterans.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.