Lead Pipe Planner
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/18/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY REPORTS TO: LCS Programs - Sr. Lead Planner
JHSV Programs - Planning and Scheduling Manager
SUPERVISES: Not Applicable
AUTHORITIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Use functional design and key plans to create an outfitting matrix.
* Use functional design and key plans to create build strategies as it pertains to: Pipe pre-outfitting, final outfitting and System testing in accordance with facility capability and the structural build strategies.
* Validate Major Milestone Critical work
* Assist in determining external change (PCW) impact during preliminary negotiations and implement external change into IMS after award.
* Develop and maintain tracking mechanisms for engineering deliverables.
* Ability to Create and Evaluate module level S curve from EV Toolset.
* Basic Primavera User ability - open project, set up layout and filter.
* Define activities, budgets and schedule logic in accordance with established EVMS guidelines.
* Establish sequencing, usage phase and build location for Piping components based on facility capacity and build strategy.
* Based upon work content, review budget distribution across a ship.
* Collect, review and implement lessons learned from work packages and meetings
* Create Field Change Requests for future ship change incorporation.
* Evaluate Field Change Requests.
* Incorporate internal change into work packages and schedule.
* Review drawings for producibility and completeness of content.
* Assist trades and scheduling with baseline changes to transfer work scope to and from a subcontractor.
* Answer production questions about work scope.
* Provide internal department training for work package makers.
* Build Work packages to include, but not limited to:
* Establishes steps and budgets for tasks
* Electronically assign material to work packages
* Assemble applicable drawings
* Send documents to Document Control for issue
* Populate planning database with work scope items and attributes about those items (i.e. location, budget, drawing information, product types, etc.).
* Create and review throughput metrics by workstations or process.
* Assist work package makers with processing shop orders.
QUALIFICATIONS / KNOWLEDGE / EXPERIENCE:
* BS Degree in a relevant field (such as Engineering, Business Administration, or Construction Management) plus minimum 3 years shipyard experience, or 4 to 6 years shipyard experience.
* Minimum 4 years planning experience ( Preferred experience includes division of work scope within modules, across ships and crafts, through all stages of construction with material and budget allocation responsibilities.)
* Comprehensive knowledge in ship construction and relationships between trades.
* Computer literate utilizing Microsoft Office Suite
* Basic Familiarity with Primavera
* Ability to extract information from AutoCad, ShipConstructor, Navisworks or other modeling tools for other uses.
* Ability to present to a formal audience.
* Proficient in Earned Value Management System (EVMS) and performance measurement techniques
* Ability to use the EV toolset to determine schedule and cost drivers
* Experience with Master Production Schedule (MPS) and MRP systems
* Effective communication skills to facilitate team work with various departments and effect customer satisfaction with internal and external customers.
* Experience in scheduling concepts as it relates to logic and manpower
* Experience with Government contracts a plus.
* Experience with Lean Manufacturing a plus.
TOOLS: Not Applicable
DIRECTION EXERCISED: None
DISCRETION EXERCISED: None
LIASES WITH : Planning, Production, Purchasing, Program, Scheduling, and Engineering Departments
The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD clearance may be required if deemed necessary in the scope of your position responsibilities.
Candidates must meet the following employment eligibility guidelines to be considered for employment with Austal USA:
* 18 years of age or older.
* Able to provide proof of US Person Status
* No felony convictions of Theft/Deception or Violent crimes within seven years from disposition date
* No felony convictions of Drug crimes within three years from disposition date
* Willing to submit to a drug screen
* Willing to submit to a background check