Lead Product Development Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 3/30/2017
Lees Summit, MO
The Microfiltration Filtration and Venting business, part of CLARCOR Industrial Air, engineers and manufactures specialty PTFE and nanofiber membranes and laminates under the aspire trademark. These high performance products are designed to meet the highest quality standards associated with biopharm, medical packaging, automotive and high purity filtration industries.
With over 1000 employees around the world and approximate annual revenues of $300 million plus more than 40 years of experience in filtration technologies and membrane expertise, CLARCOR Industrial Air is committed to improving our customers products and processes to enable them to excel within the markets they serve.
The Product Development Engineer develops practical and innovative products and processes that are in line with our business strategy and customers needs. In addition to the polytetrafluoroethylene membrane technology we have developed unique methods for surface modification utilizing supercritical CO2 and electron beam technology. In this role you will be responsible for utilizing your experience and expertise to lead cross functional teams that come up with innovative ideas & new products that create value for us and our customers. The role is based in Lee s Summit, Missouri which is a growing and family friendly suburb of Kansas City.
* Lead product development projects from ideation stage through product launch and customer validation
* Lead cross-functional teams in project related work including engineering, sourcing, manufacturing and product management and activities
* Act as the primary customer liaison related to project matters
* Interface with global manufacturing subcontractors
* Assist the project team in defining the project scope of work
* Prepare a detailed schedule for a complex engineering and/or manufacturing development work scope
* Assist in developing the project approach and lead the approach in the project schedule and perform schedule analysis
* Manage all action items to closure within the cross-functional team
* Ensure resource / facility estimates are integrated with the project schedule
* Interface with the functional team leadership
* Ensure that relevant cost, schedule, and technical performance metrics are instituted at all levels in the project
* Coordinate gathering and reporting of programmatic information to the entire team including senior management
* Assist the project team in assessing the scope, schedule and cost and risk impacts of internal and customer-initiated changes
* Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering. Degrees in Bio-pharmaceutical and other engineering disciplines will be considered if combined with the appropriate level of experience within the industry.
* Seven years of product development and project engineering experience. Preferred candidates will have experience in process and product design of a membrane or membrane related technology.
* Bachelors of Science in Chemical Engineering
* Bio-pharmaceutical experience
* Project Management Professional (PMP) certification
* Experience in the design of finished filtration devices
* Product development experience within the membrane or filtration industry.
* Knowledge of planning and analysis tools for project management
* Strong computer skills including Project Management software
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
* Ability to balance multiple priorities
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Ability to effectively interact with customers, suppliers and subcontractors to keep project on track
* Track record of delivering new products on time that achieve the desired financial return
* We are an EEO employer for Minorities, Females, Disabled Persons & Protected Veterans.
* Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.