Lead Program Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
San Francisco, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONLead Program ManagerJob ID:
Job Title - Lead Program Manager Job Location - San Francisco, CA Job Code - CS20160209-13911 Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving our customers' toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports customers in more than 125 countries and has approximately $8 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into four business segments:
Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems, Electronic Systems, and Critical Networks. Job Description:* Lead and successfully execute all aspects of major Radio and CAD/AVL System Programs.
* Engagement with the State/Local Customers through delivery and close out. Providing regular progress updates, identifying risk in advance and addressing issues as they arise; leading to successful delivery on time, within budget and in line with the Customers expectations. This will take the form of both face to face meetings and both verbal and written submissions.
* Direct the responsibilities and activities of the program implementation team, which will include program management, systems engineering, field installation, subcontractor management and financial support functions.
* Manage the cost, schedule, and technical performance requirements through all phases of the program from inception to completion (e.g., contract negotiations, planning, scheduling, installation, commissioning, and system acceptance).
* Provide strategic direction, set priorities and resolve day-to-day issues to deliver to schedule and budget.
* Develop innovative solutions to resolve difficult program challenges,
* Oversee and manage all subcontractor deliverables while working with the subcontract managers.
* Identify and secure additional staff necessary to support customer mission, program schedule, and financial objectives. Identify, train, evaluate, motivate, and develop program team members.
* Manage and maintain metrics and related processes for program team
* Instill process discipline and a culture of accountability focused on customer satisfaction and product quality.
* 50% Travel domestically. Qualifications:* 10+ years of experience in site civils, construction and installation of telecommunications and Land Mobile Radio (LMR) equipment with BS/BA (Bachelors) degree or 8+ years of experience in site civils, construction and installation of telecommunications and Land Mobile Radio (LMR) equipment with MS/MA/MBA (Masters) degree
* PMP Preferred Additional Skills:* Background in Land Mobile Radio
* Proficient in the use of MS Office applications, including MS Project or equivalent and SharePoint Please be aware that many of our positions require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law. Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise Program Management Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - CA - San Francisco .