Lead Project Analyst, Business Process Development
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 12/14/2016
The J. M. Smucker Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION SUMMARY
Serve as a resource for defined projects and enhancements between the business area and the Information Services department related to business processes, systems and people. Translate requirements from a business perspective into a form that can be understood and acted on by those in the Information Services organization tasked with building the solution. Act as a champion to ensure delivered solutions meet the functional design.
* Acts as the Project Manager (PM) for assigned projects
* Consults with Subject Matter Experts (SME) to document existing process, research best practices and propose future process in the spirit of continuous improvement
* Defines business requirements based on business needs and gaps collaboratively with the SME
* Creates functional design in collaboration with IS development teams
* Assists in defining business metrics to manage and improve processes
* Creates deliverables such as business process flows, business requirements, test plans, test scripts, and project plans
* Ensure buy-in by key stakeholders of recommended solutions
* Highlights process changes and provides input on potential impact to the organization and/or roles and participates in People Change Management deliverables
* Ensures delivery of IS service performance in accordance with agreed upon metrics
* Supports and enforces standards and methodologies around business process development, project management and change management
* Provides business user support
* Facilitates business process improvements through discussion, facilitation, process modeling, etc.
* Coordinates activities with Business Process Development and Solution Development teams
* Delivers project scope (people, process, and technology) on time and on budget
* Leverages standard project methodology
* Bachelor's degree in MIS or related field
* 5 - 10 plus years of relevant work experience
* Experience in a project management role preferred
* Experience with a project management methodology
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Embraces a customer service mindset
* Demonstrated ability to think critically and conceptually
* Experience with business process modeling and change management a plus
* Experience with Supply Chain / Customer Service business areas a plus
* Consumer Packaged Goods experience a plus
The J. M. Smucker Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. No person will be discriminated against in hiring or in any other aspect of their employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, marital status, familial status, disability, genetic information, protected veteran/military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.