"Lead QA Technician"
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/9/2016
DEAN FOODS COMPANY
The Lead QA Technician is responsible for leading the
other QA Technicians. He/she is responsible for
efficiently and accurately performing tasks related to
the testing of product, setting of samples, and
follow-thru on several Quality Assurance programs.
* Lead and direct Quality Assurance Technicians
* Familiarity with all applicable equipment and
provide quality inspections on all related items.
* Perform of microbiological and chemical testing of
finished products, raw materials and associated
items as required.
* Involvement in product weight control, antibiotic
testing, lab equipment maintenance and calibration
and lab sanitation.
* Maintain communication with other departments and
employees as to notify them of any problems and/or
concerns that may restrict the efficiency of
* Complete all required paperwork in an accurate and
* Obtain and maintain State certification for
antibiotic testing within company guidelines.
* Responsible for adhering to food safety and quality
system requirements by committing to meet all
pertinent regulatory, customer and SQF requirements.
* Maintain communication with other departments,
management and employees and notify them of any
problems and/or concerns that may restrict the
efficiency of production.
* Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear,
legible and accurate format, and completed with
required information. Ensure all required
information is documented in accordance with SOP s.
* Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in
identifying opportunities to improve processes.
* Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
* Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
* Follow all required work safe practices. This would
include wearing of all required PPE in designated
areas, confined space safety, safe chemical
handling, fall restraints, etc.
* Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs
and food quality related to designated area. Report
any food safety and food quality related issues to
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* High School Diploma or GED preferred; or two to
three years related experience and/or training; or,
equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all
units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions and decimals.
* Experience within the food and beverage industry
* Has the ability to flavor milk based, sugar based,
and caffeine based products.
* Must be able to stand, walk, kneel and bend for
virtually the entire shift. Must be able to lift up
to 25 pounds occasionally including overhead.
* Must be able to work in a wet environment. Exposure
to chemicals. [Delete if not Ice cream plant: For
ice cream plants: Exposure to nut allergens.]
* Must be willing to work flexible hours including
overtime, weekends and holidays.
* Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
* Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens
(including drug, background and criminal checks).
Dean Foods Company is an Equal Opportunity employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
age, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, or any other category protected under federal,
state, or local laws.