Lead Quality Auditor
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/26/2016
END DATE 11/10/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONRole Purpose
Job Summary: This position is responsible for audit scheduling, conducting internal and supplier audits, coordinating all 2nd and 3rd party audits for the GKN Aerospace New England facilities.
* Responsible for coordinating and leading successful completion of ISO 9001, and AS9100 audits, internal, supplier and 2nd /3rd party audits following internal procedures and tools.
* Plans, coordinates, and leads internal, supplier, 2nd and 3rd party audits and surveillance activities of the company s QMS; develops summary reports and reviews results with management; recommends improvements to the QMS and related processes.
* Analyzes documentation for compliance to industry quality standards; develops documentation as required.
* Works cross functionally and develop strong working relationships to deliver Best Practice and drive continuous improvement.
* Support and propose continuous improvement activities, assisting in corrective and preventative actions.
* Assess corrective actions.
* Develop curriculum for training including participating in the development of less experienced internal auditors; provide direction to less experienced staff.
* Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
* Expected to work in a safe manner in accordance with established operating procedures and practices.
* Periodic travel to other facilities.
* Additional duties as assigned or required.
Qualifications / Experience / Skills
Required GANE Core Competencies & Behaviors:
* Business Understanding
* Quality Advocate
Required Quality Competencies/Skills:
* Product Knowledge
* Root Cause Analysis
* Quality Improvement Tools
* Process Management
* Quality Management Systems and standards AS91XX, ISO9001, ISO17025
* Environmental Health & Safety
* Supplier Quality Control
Required Minimum Education:
5+ years experience as a quality analyst and auditor in a manufacturing environment, or related technical field.
Bachelor s degree in Manufacturing Technology, Mathematics or a related technical field strongly preferred. May substitute additional experience as a quality analyst in lieu of education.
Certification as an AS9100 Rev C Aerospace Experienced Lead Auditor (AEA or AIEA) in the SAE OASIS database preferred or possess the ability to certify including having four years of experience in the aerospace industry in the last ten years (required).
Passed an accredited AS9100 lead auditor course.
Experience in implementation of AS9100, AS9110 and/or AS9120 required.
Required Minimum Experience:
* Experience with internal, 2nd and 3rd party ISO-9001 and AS9100 auditing with 3rd party experience highly required.
* Thorough understanding of quality procedures and system requirements in a manufacturing environment as well as extensive knowledge of quality concepts and principles including manufacturing and quality documentation and MIL standards.
* Ability to identify and interpret complex data.
* Ability to develop and present detailed statistical reports and documents.
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to explain complex information effectively with all levels of employees.
* Excellent organization skills to maintain flow of work within the unit.
* Ability to establish priorities and meet deadline.
* Ability to work both independently and lead in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours as required.
Knowledge of principles and methods for management systems audits.
Ability to self-manage and set priorities with demonstrated follow-through skills.
Relevant experience with managing root cause and corrective action events.
Ability to manage projects to completion and function in a team environment.
Strong knowledge of computer operations and applications.
Strong computer skills (MSWord, Excel); knowledge of SAP preferred.
Work independently and project a professional image appropriate to the work environment.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general level of work being performed by persons assigned to the classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
GKN Aerospace New England is an Equal Opportunity Employer
GKN is an equal opportunity employer (minorities/women/veterans/disabled)