Lead Sales Associate 9/2/2016
Campbell Soup Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY IMAGINE...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Pepperidge Farm, Incorporated, is a leading provider of premium quality fresh bakery products, cookies, crackers, and frozen foods. Based in Norwalk, Connecticut, Pepperidge Farm was founded in 1937 by Margaret Rudkin, an entrepreneurial homemaker who began baking fresh, wholesome bread for her allergy-afflicted son. For nearly 80 years, people have relied on Pepperidge Farm for its fresh bakery and snack offerings. Among the company's most popular products are Goldfish(R) crackers, Milano(R) cookies, more than 50 varieties of fresh baked breads including Pepperidge Farm Swirl(tm), Farmhouse and Whole Grain, and frozen Puff Pastry, Layer Cakes, and Garlic Bread. The company is found in nearly * of homes nationwide. Pepperidge Farm has been part of Campbell Soup Company since 1961.
The part time Lead Sales Associate will work 19 hours a week and perform duties in a retail store environment including suggestive selling and merchandising of Pepperidge Farm thrift bakery and biscuit items. Contributes to increasing net sales, bakery sales, and average sale per transaction while providing an outstanding level of customer service. Ensures that store runs efficiently and effectively in management's absence.
* Develop a strong working knowledge of all Pepperidge Farm products and procedures for handling
* Suggestive sell to every customer (offer the Behind-the-Counter-Special)
* Complete tasks assigned within a reasonable amount of time with accuracy and attention to detail
* Follow the Customer Service Process
* Engage the customer in conversation and offer PF products
* Adhere to Dress Code
* Maintain merchandising strategy for all Pepperidge Farm products that ensures the proper placement and neatness for ease of shopping
* Ensures that merchandise is properly marked/priced according to Red-Black-Blue pricing strategy
* Perform proper receiving, rotating and stocking procedures of all shipments (may also include unloading trucks)
* Perform proper receiving of distributor returns
* Protect all Company assets through compliance with established security (including store keys, locks and securing store) cash handling, record keeping procedures and practices and loss prevention
* Perform store opening and closing procedures (including making bank deposit drops/pick-ups) Operate cash register and perform cash handling procedures
* Maintain store cleanliness on sales floor and in stockroom (including bathroom) Perform proper receiving of distributor returns
* Assist Manager in directing and following up with other sales associates. Help complete necessary paperwork such as over and shorts, discards, schedules, and sales reports.
* High School diploma or general education degree (or working towards attaining)
* Read, write and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and memos
* Add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure
* Apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions
The following is a list of physical requirements that you could be responsible for during the course of a normal week in the thrift or outlet store. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Receive, sort and stock bread deliveries five days a week
Receive a frozen or dry delivery once a week.
THE COMPANY IS COMMITTED TO PROVIDING EQUAL OPPORTUNITY FOR EMPLOYEES AND APPLICANTS IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP, WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, CITIZENSHIP, MARITAL STATUS, VETERAN STATUS, DISABILITY, AGE, RELIGION OR ANY OTHER CLASSIFICATION PROTECTED BY LAW.
IN THAT REGARD, U.S. APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES ARE PROTECTED FROM DISCRIMINATION BASED ON CERTAIN CATEGORIES PROTECTED BY FEDERAL LAW. CLICK HERE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.